Weaning Yourself Off Sugar
10 great tips on reducing your sugar intake
We are drowning in sugar. In fact, the amount of sugar we eat and drink every year has soared nearly 30 percent since 1983 and is likely a major contributor to the soaring rates obesity and diabetes. Although the USDA recommends we get no more than 10 teaspoons of sugar a day, the average American downs about 34 teaspoons.
Here are ten good tips to get you off the white stuff.
1. Cut down slowly. If you normally take 2 teaspoons of sugar in your coffee, use the same routine, cutting down to 11/2 teaspoons for a week, then 1, then 1/2. Eventually, get to the point where you’re using Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder. The more sugar you eat, the more you’ll crave. So cutting down slowly is the best way to tame a sweet tooth gone wild.
2. Go half and half. Mix half a regular soda with half a diet soda. Half a carton of sweetened yogurt with half a carton of plain yogurt. Half a cup of regular juice with half a cup of seltzer. Do this for two weeks, then cut back to one-quarter sweetened to three-quarters unsweetened. Continue until you’re only drinking the unsweetened version.
3. Grant yourself a daily sugar “quota,” and use it on foods where it matters most. For most of us, that means desserts. Don’t waste it on dressings, spreads, breakfast cereals, and soda. The more you eat, the more addictive it becomes and the more it takes to satisfy you.
4. Establish rules about dessert. For instance, only have dessert after dinner, never lunch. Only eat dessert on odd days of the month, or only on weekends, or only at restaurants. If you have a long tradition of daily desserts, then make it your rule to have raw fruit at least half the time.
5. Similarly, establish rules about ice cream. A half gallon of ice cream in the freezer is temptation defined. A rule we recommend: No ice cream kept at home. Ice cream should always be a treat worth traveling for.
6. Instead of downing sugary-sweet drinks, make your own “sun tea sweetened with Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or Steviva Brand Stevia Powder.” Steep tea bags in water and set the pitcher in the sun for a couple of hours.
7. Buy dietetic condiments at the grocery store. Given that 1 tablespoon ketchup can contain about 1/2 teaspoon sugar, buying sugar-free condiments can make a big dent in your sugar consumption. Most condiments and other packaged foods for people with diabetes are made without sugar.
8. Remember these code words found on ingredient lists. The only way to know if the processed food you’re buying contains sugar is to know its many aliases or other forms. Here are the common ones: brown sugar, corn syrup, dextrin, dextrose, fructose, fruit juice concentrate, high-fructose corn syrup, galactose, glucose, honey, hydrogenated starch, invert sugar maltose, lactose, mannitol, maple syrup, molasses, polyols, raw sugar, sorghum, sucrose, sorbitol, turbinado sugar, and xylitol.
9. Look for hidden sources of sugar. Cough syrups, chewing gum, mints, tomato sauce, baked beans, and lunch meats often contain sugar. Even some prescription medications contain sugar. For a week, be particularly vigilant and scan every possible food label. You likely won’t forget what you’ll find.
10. If you must eat sweets, eat them with meals. The other foods will help increase salivary flow, thus clearing the sugary foods from your mouth faster and helping prevent cavities. Of course, this does nothing for the calories you’re imbibing and won’t affect your weight, but at least you’ll have a healthier mouth.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Introducing New Fructevia!
think of it like sugar only better
Not to sound cliche but, here is the moment we have all been waiting for. The provisional patent has cleared and Fructevia is now available in 5lb bulk packaging. This is truly the worlds first "good for you" sweetener. This is why:
Fructevia is an all natural proprietary blend of Fructose, FOS, Stevia and Magnesium Carbonate. Fructevia is about twice as sweet as sugar so you use half as much. Fructevia does not affect blood sugar levels like sugar so it is safe for diabetics, low carb dieters, low glycemic dieters, persons suffering from hypoglycemia and more. Fructevia tastes exactly like sugar. In fact, we guarantee it. If you find that it doesn't, send it back and we will refund your money in full. No questions asked. Fructevia contains no GMO's, Gluten or chemicals. It is completely a product of nature. Order Fructevia Now! Regularly Fructevia sells for $54.99. Take advantage of our low introductory price. Only $38.99 for 5lbs!
Low Glycemic Sugar Free Vanilla Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carbs Per Serving: 19.2 g
Prep Time:<15 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
1 cup whole grain or soy flour
1/2 cup pastry flour
1/4 cup Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder mixed with 1/4 cup of apple sauce
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup low fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg whites
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with low-fat spray. Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.
Wisk together wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the dry to the wet and mix until most of the lumps are gone. Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes or until tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
1 lb. softened low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons low fat skim milk
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
Cream the cream cheese and salt until smooth. Add the Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla and stir until fully incorporated. Add milk until desired consistency is achieved. Use 3/4 of recipe for vanilla cake recipe.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Calories: 1568
Calories Per Serving: 156.8
Total Fat Per Serving: 5.3g
Saturated Fat: 2.3g
Total Carbohydrates: 198.4g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 19.82g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8
Try All Natural Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
Fructeiva 2- 5lb Special!
2- 5lb Bulk Size of Fructevia Sweetener with free domestic (within the US) shipping.
Fructevia is a patented all natural proprietary blend of Fructose, FOS, Stevia and Magnesium Carbonate.
Fructevia is about twice as sweet as sugar so you use half as much.
Fructevia has less than 3 calories per serving and does not affect blood sugar levels like sugar so it is safe for diabetics, low carb dieters, low glycemic dieters, persons suffering from hypoglycemia and more.
Fructevia tastes exactly like sugar. In fact, we guarantee it. If you find that it doesn't, send it back and we will refund your money in full. No questions asked.
Order Now! Regularly: $109.99 - On Sale: $75.00
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
Two Complete Programs Atkins and South Beach - Our Free Gift To You!
Overcoming the boredom and lack of variety is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face in a diet. Well, that is about to change. With this Complete Atkins and South Beach Diet Program, your variety will be vastly improved. You can set up your meals weeks in advance, or you can plan around whatever your local grocery chain happens to have on sale that week, saving you thousands each year on your grocery bill.
Free with any Steviva Brands purchase, you will receive, The Atkins Diet Plan, The Atkins CARB COUNTER and Over 1000+ great recipes. Plus the 4 week South Beach E-Plan, Over 1000+ South Beach Recipes, Glycemic Counter, to keep track of your sugar intake, Substitution Food List & South Beach Shopping List, Helpful Tips and Hints to the South Beach Diet. All Free with any Steviva.com purchase!
All of our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with any of our products, send them back for a full refund.
These plans will ALLOW you to eat almost everything you enjoy and will re-introduce you to foods you used to think were not allowed.
The greatest part of this offer is that it will cost you nothing. It is our gift to you for your purchase of any Steviva Brand Product!
For More Low Carb and Sugar Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!