Out With The Old and In With The New
using the new year as a springboard for renewal
2013 was certainly a very intense year. It was filled with division and strife for some of the world. For others maybe 2013 was a good year but regardless of the quality of your year, we have now bid a farewell to 2013 and have welcomed in a fantastic new 2014. Particularly for you [FIRST_NAME].
What I have learned over the years is that it is nearly impossible to change the world and if that was your desire it will take every moment of your life to do. Most of us have the desire but, not the wherewithal. What has worked for me is the philosophy of “circle of influence”. Each of us has a circle of friends or acquaintance that can be influenced in a positive way. I discourage you from trying to impose your will on your circle but, instead lead by example. In essence change begins with you.
Here are a few tips on creating positive change in yourself which will ultimately affect your circle thus making the world a better place one circle at a time.
1. Attitude determines altitude. Your attitude is everything. You get what you expect. You increase the likelihood of success when you expect it. So expect good things in 2014 and focus on the good.
2. Start every day with a six-pack. Not that kind of six pack but, the kind of six pack that gets you headed in the right direction. Think of it as your daily To Do List. Highlight the six most important things and knock them out first. Don’t sweat it if you can’t get you whole list done; simply roll it into the next day.
3. Cut yourself a break. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Take time throughout the day to have a cup of tea, take a few deep breaths, get centered and reflect on what's working and what's not working in your day.
4. Make exercise a daily priority. Exercise reduces stress and builds self-esteem. It also helps you recharge so you can prepare to take on the next day. Starting your day with some kind of physical activity for at least 20 minutes will create a profound effect.
5. Work smarter not harder. Learn to let the unimportant things go. Focus on your priorities. If it doesn't need to be done today - it shouldn't even be on your list. It's easy to start something. The challenge is in completing it. If you can't complete it, why start it. Focus on the priorities and concentrate on getting them done. To get more done, you may have to do less.
6. Journal your ideas. Get an idea book. Go out and buy a notebook and plan to keep it in your car. Form the habit of reflecting and jotting your thoughts and ideas in your notebook. This type of reflective writing builds inner strength for the author and is an amazing tool for reviewing the year and your accomplishments.
8. Read and achieve. Invest at least 15 minutes every day reading about your interests. Books, magazine articles, and especially blogs and web sites, can make a big difference over time. Listen to audio books while commuting. Fill your mind with positive and motivational content. You will become what you read and hear. You will also become what you think about most. So, when you're reading make sure you're thinking positive thoughts.
In conclusion, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. If you want 2014 to be way better than 2013 you can't do in 2014 what you did in 2013.
Plan your work and work your plan and you will find 2014 to be even so much better than 2013.
Here’s to a great New Year and a great new you [FIRST_NAME]!
Have a sensational week ahead!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
We want to help you lose the weight you might have gained over the holidays. If you need low carb reduced sugar recipes we at Steviva Brands have been posting a couple recipes a week. Use them and take creative freedom with them and then let us know how it worked out for you. Check it out at: http://recipes.steviva.com
SUPER NEW YEAR DISCOUNT OFFER
So check this out [FIRST_NAME].NEW Nectevia, Steviva Blend and Fructevia were designed for cooking and baking and so is our line of attractive, super strong and dependable organic bamboo utensils. The best part is for a limited time you get one free with your purchase of one our new five pound bags. But, if you buy two, you get the set of four! Get yours today!
Our organic bamboo utensils are 14" long and have a convenient "eye" in case you want to hang them from a rack or hook.
The Steviva Brands line of bamboo utensils are made of organically grown Moso bamboo that is distinctively attractive and super strong.
Bamboo is 16 percent harder than maple, it's naturally anti-microbial; it holds the promise of a sustainable, cost effective, and responsible alternative to the widespread clear cutting of our old growth forests. This naturally harvested bamboo is not a food source, or a habitat, for the Giant Panda.
Get the set of four with your purchase of two 5lb bags of Steviva Blend or Fructevia . And yes of course we will ship them free within the US but and if you use the following discount code/coupon WARONWEIGHT when ordering and we will give you an additional instant 20% off your order. Who can pass up a deal like that?
Victory Comes To Those Who Stay In The Game
Taking a risk is often your first necessary step toward success. If you don't take some risks, you won't get the chance to succeed. While you are trying, you are winning.
The law of averages is on your side. The more you try, the greater your chance of succeeding.
Never get discouraged.
Every wrong attempt is another step forward. People that make no mistakes usually don't make anything.
Make up your mind not merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand defeats.
Your mistakes are stepping stones to success and your installment payments to victory.
copyright 2014 www.yourdailymotivation.com
Look and Feel Better In This New Year
five ways to slim down
As you know [FIRST_NAME] weight loss is often a common thing at the start of a new year, it is a clean slate to leave old patterns behind and start healthier habits. Thinking about body composition v.s. weight loss can be more empowering. Body composition refers to the amount of body fat percentage compared to lean muscle mass. Muscle weighs more then fat, so it is possible that one is not loosing weight on the scale numerically but achieving a healthier body composition. The BMI (Body Mass Index) is often used to make a calculation if an individual is under, normal, or over weight, or obese. This can be slightly faulty for the person who has a greater muscle mass, with the possibility for example of categorizing a former athletic gymnast as overweight. However, for the composition. average person, it can be a good tool. Here are a few things to do to enhance your body
1. Go on an anti-inflammatory diet: A voiding the common food allergens and causes of inflammation, when this is decreased the body can help get rid of fat. This means using a motto of “lean and green to be a fat burning machine”, and thus avoiding dairy, gluten, corn, and soy. And of course, avoid the addictive white powder, sugar.
2. Drink Alkaline H20: As a general rule, one should be drinking at least 64 oz of filtered water per day, or half their body weight in ounces, for example the 150 pound person should drink 75 ounces of water. Also, ideally out of a non-plastic bottle, to avoid toxin exposure with plastics leaching. Try calculating how many bottles you need to drink and if you have a stainless steel container, put 4 rubber bands on there at the start of day, and remove one each time you finish a bottle to help you keep track. Alkaline water is better than regular filtered water, as it aids the body in keeping the proper pH balance. Inflammation is also reduced with maintaining a non-acidic environment in the body. Alkaline water is also beneficial in providing tissues with increased oxygen saturation.
3. Breathe: Take at least 10 big belly breathes per day. Start with an exercise by placing a hand on a stomach and the other hand on your chest, inhale and see which hand moves first, ideally it should be the lower hand on your belly, and then you will be doing this correctly. This can help decrease the stress response, which secretes cortisol, and can contribute to mid-section belly fat.
4. Protein: Start the day with a smoothie, eggs, turkey bacon, or other source of protein, and eat within 45 minutes of waking up to avoid your body going into starvation mode. If you prolong or skin breakfast your body has to work harder, but it won't be your metabolism. Remember, if you don't use it you loose it! From this point on, eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep blood sugar stable.
5. Workout: Try daily activity of as little as starting the day with 5 minutes of a combination of jumping jacks, crunches, and holding the “plank” or push up position with extended arms stationary for one minute, or as long as you can, with may just start with 15 seconds or so. Do a strenuous workout a few times per week utilizing both cardio and resistance training.
In Good Health & Beauty,
Dr. Alisha Moadab, N.D.
Dr. Alisha N.D.
This information and other information is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
Honoring Life Changes
The Wisdom of Fear
by Madisyn Taylor
Anything really worth doing in our lives will always have some fear attached to it.
Anything worth doing will always have some fear attached to it. For example, having a baby, getting married, changing careers—all of these life changes can bring up deep fears. It helps to remember that this type of fear is good. It is your way of questioning whether you really want the new life these changes will bring. It is also a potent reminder that releasing and grieving the past is a necessary part of moving into the new.
Fear has a way of throwing us off balance, making us feel uncertain and insecure, but it is not meant to discourage us. Its purpose is to notify us that we are at the edge of our comfort zone, poised in between the old life and a new one. Whenever we face our fear, we overcome an inner obstacle and move into new and life-enhancing territory, both inside and out. The more we learn to respect and even welcome fear, the more we will be able to hear its wisdom, wisdom that will let us know that the time has come to move forward, or not. While comfort with fear is a contradiction in terms, we can learn to honor our fear, recognizing its arrival, listening to its intelligence, and respecting it as a harbinger of transformation. Indeed, it informs us that the change we are contemplating is significant, enabling us to approach it with the proper reverence.
You might wish to converse with your fear, plumbing its depths for a greater understanding of the change you are making. You could do this by sitting quietly in meditation and listening or by journaling. Writing down whatever comes up—your worries, your sadness, your excitement, your hopes—is a great way to learn about yourself through the vehicle of fear and to remember that fear almost always comes alongside anything worth doing in your life.
No Added Sugar Low Carb Orange Custard
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Carbs Per Serving: 10 g
Prep Time:<25 minutes
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup Fructevia, Steviva Blend (or 1/4 cup Nectevia even a tiny dash of stevia powder)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons whole grain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup orange juice
1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup milk or your choice
In a small bowl, beat butter and Fructevia, Steviva Blend, Nectevia or a tiny dash of stevia powder on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, flour and salt.
Beat for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange juice, orange peel and lemon juice.
Stir in milk.
Pour into five 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Remove ramekins from water bath. Serve warm or chilled.
For More Low Carb and Sugar*Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!
Two Complete Programs Atkins and South Beach - Our Gift To You! Overcoming the boredom and lack of variety is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face in a diet. Well, that is about to change. With this Complete Atkins and South Beach Diet Program, your variety will be vastly improved. You can set up your meals weeks in advance, or you can plan around whatever your local grocery chain happens to have on sale that week, saving you thousands each year on your grocery bill. F r e e with any Steviva Brands purchase, you will receive, The Atkins Diet Plan, The Atkins CARB COUNTER and Over 1000+ great recipes. Plus the 4 week South Beach E-Plan, Over 1000+ South Beach Recipes, Glycemic Counter, to keep track of your sugar intake, Substitution Food List & South Beach Shopping List, Helpful Tips and Hints to the South Beach Diet. All Free with any Steviva.com purchase! All of our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with any of our products, send them back for a full refund. These plans will ALLOW you to eat almost everything you enjoy and will re-introduce you to foods you used to think were not allowed.The greatest part of this offer is that it will cost you nothing. It is our gift to you for your purchase of any Steviva Brand Product!