Out With The Old and In With The New
using the new year as a springboard for renewal
2012 was certainly a very intense year. It was filled with division and strife for some of the world. For others maybe 2012 was a good year but regardless of the quality of your year, we now bid a farewell to 2012 and have welcomed in a great new 2013. Particularly for you [FIRST_NAME].
What I have learned over the years is that it is nearly impossible to change the world and if that was your desire it will take every moment of your life to do. Most of us have the desire but, not the wherewithal. What has worked for me is the philosophy of “circle of influence”. Each of us has a circle of friends or acquaintance that can be influenced in a positive way. I discourage you from trying to impose your will on your circle but, instead lead by example. In essence change begins with you.
Here are a few tips on creating positive change in yourself which will ultimately affect your circle thus making the world a better place one circle at a time.
1. Attitude determines altitude. Your attitude is everything. You get what you expect. You increase the likelihood of success when you expect it. So expect good things in 2011 and focus on the good.
2. Start every day with a six-pack. Not that kind of six pack but, the kind of six pack that gets you headed in the right direction. Think of it as your daily To Do List. Highlight the six most important things and knock them out first. Don’t sweat it if you can’t get you whole list done; simply roll it into the next day.
3. Cut yourself a break. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Take time throughout the day to have a cup of tea, take a few deep breaths, get centered and reflect on what's working and what's not working in your day.
4. Make exercise a daily priority. Exercise reduces stress and builds self-esteem. It also helps you recharge so you can prepare to take on the next day. Starting your day with some kind of physical activity for at least 20 minutes will create a profound effect.
5. Work smarter not harder. Learn to let the unimportant things go. Focus on your priorities. If it doesn't need to be done today - it shouldn't even be on your list. It's easy to start something. The challenge is in completing it. If you can't complete it, why start it. Focus on the priorities and concentrate on getting them done. To get more done, you may have to do less.
6. Journal your ideas. Get an idea book. Go out and buy a notebook and plan to keep it in your car. Form the habit of reflecting and jotting your thoughts and ideas in your notebook. This type of reflective writing builds inner strength for the author and is an amazing tool for reviewing the year and your accomplishments.
8. Read and achieve. Invest at least 15 minutes every day reading about your interests. Books, magazine articles, and even web sites, can make a big difference over time. Listen to tapes and CD while commuting. Fill your mind with positive and motivational content. You will become what you read and hear. You will also become what you think about most. So, when you're reading make sure you're thinking positive thoughts.
In conclusion, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. If you want 2013 to be way better than 2012 you can't do in 2013 what you did in 2012.
Plan your work and work your plan and you will find 2013 to be so much better than 2012.
Here’s to a great New Year and a great new you [FIRST_NAME]!
Thank all of you for your patronage.
Have a sensational week ahead!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Victory Comes To Those Who Stay In The Game
Taking a risk is often your first necessary step toward success. If you don't take some risks, you won't get the chance to succeed. While you are trying, you are winning.
The law of averages is on your side. The more you try, the greater your chance of succeeding.
Never get discouraged.
Every wrong attempt is another step forward. People that make no mistakes usually don't make anything.
Make up your mind not merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand defeats.
Your mistakes are stepping stones to success and your installment payments to victory.
You can't be a winner and be afraid to lose.
copyright 2013 www.yourdailymotivation.com
Look and Feel Better In This New Year
five ways to slim down
As you know [FIRST_NAME] weight loss is often a common thing at the start of a new year, it is a clean slate to leave old patterns behind and start healthier habits. Thinking about body composition v.s. weight loss can be more empowering. Body composition refers to the amount of body fat percentage compared to lean muscle mass. Muscle weighs more then fat, so it is possible that one is not loosing weight on the scale numerically but achieving a healthier body composition. The BMI (Body Mass Index) is often used to make a calculation if an individual is under, normal, or over weight, or obese. This can be slightly faulty for the person who has a greater muscle mass, with the possibility for example of categorizing a former athletic gymnist as overweight. However, for the composition. average person, it can be a good tool. Here are a few things to do to enhance your body
1. Go on an anti-inflammatory diet: A voiding the common food allergens and causes of inflammation, when this is decreased the body can help get rid of fat. This means using a motto of “lean and green to be a fat burning machine”, and thus avoiding dairy, gluten, corn, and soy. And of course, avoid the addictive white powder, sugar.
2. Drink Alkaline H20: As a general rule, one should be drinking at least 64 oz of filtered water per day, or half their body weight in ounces, for example the 150 pound person should drink 75 ounces of water. Also, ideally out of a non-plastic bottle, to avoid toxin exposure with plastics leaching. Try calculating how many bottles you need to drink and if you have a stainless steel container, put 4 rubber bands on there at the start of day, and remove one each time you finish a bottle to help you keep track. Alkaline water is better than regular filtered water, as it aids the body in keeping the proper pH balance. Inflammation is also reduced with maintaining a non-acidic environment in the body. Alkaline water is also beneficial in providing tissues with increased oxygen saturation.
3. Breathe: Take at least 10 big belly breathes per day. Start with an exercise by placing a hand on a stomach and the other hand on your chest, inhale and see which hand moves first, ideally it should be the lower hand on your belly, and then you will be doing this correctly. This can help decrease the stress response, which secretes cortisol, and can contribute to mid-section belly fat.
4. Protein: Start the day with a smoothie, eggs, turkey bacon, or other source of protein, and eat within 45 minutes of waking up to avoid your body going into starvation mode. If you prolong or skin breakfast your body has to work harder, but it won't be your metabolism. Remember, if you don't use it you loose it! From this point on, eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep blood sugar stable.
5. Workout: Try daily activity of as little as starting the day with 5 minutes of a combination of jumping jacks, crunches, and holding the “plank” or push up position with extended arms stationary for one minute, or as long as you can, with may just start with 15 seconds or so. Do a strenuous workout a few times per week utilizing both cardio and resistance training.
In Good Health & Beauty,
Dr. Alisha Moadab, N.D.
Dr. Alisha N.D.
This information and other information is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
Discovering the Little Things that Make Us Happy
hidden sources for experiencing happiness
Life is full of little wonders that can make us happy. The sound of a baby’s laughter, a good book, the comforting smell of a favorite old sweatshirt, and the warmth from a cup of hot tea are simple pleasures that can easily put smiles on our faces. These “little things” are easily accessible to us and can be sources for experiencing happiness. A key to doing so is taking the time to put those rose colored glasses from childhood back on so you can easily find the joy in all the “little things” that life has to offer.
Finding a puppy rummaging through the laundry basket, trying on that perfect shade of lipstick, or discovering the extra change you left in your back pocket can turn into moments of delight. Like kids digging in the sandbox for buried trinkets, we may even begin to experience happiness when we engage in the seemingly mundane. Figuring out a software program can feel like deciphering a treasure map, and that first sip of tea in the morning can taste like a forbidden delicacy. Swaying to music playing on the radio can turn into an interpretive jig, riding a bike can seem like flying to the moon, and getting a phone call from that special someone can feel like winning the lottery. A pickup game of basketball becomes an exciting match among champions, and observing an elderly couple walking hand in hand can turn into a meditation on peace and contentment.
When we begin rediscovering that the little things in life can make us happy, we naturally want to share this joy with others. We may gush over a friend when we run into them unexpectedly, praise a street musician for their talents, or blow bubbles for the neighborhood kids to chase. We may even start to think of the little things we can do to make other people happy, which in turn makes us happy all over again. There is an endless supply of little things and little moments that can make us happy. All we have to do is look for them, and they’ll magically start to appear.
No Added Sugar Low Carb Orange Custard
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Carbs Per Serving: 10 g
Prep Time:<25 minutes
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup Fructevia, Steviva Blend or a tiny dash of stevia powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons whole grain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup orange juice
1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup milk or your choice
In a small bowl, beat butter and Fructevia, Steviva Blend or a tiny dash of stevia powder on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, flour and salt.
Beat for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange juice, orange peel and lemon juice.
Stir in milk.
Pour into five 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Remove ramekins from water bath. Serve warm or chilled.
Become a Steviva Brand FAN on Facebook for even more tasty low sugar recipes!
Not Sure Which Product is Right For You?
Try All Three and Save!
SAVE OVER $20.00 with the Steviva Brands Sampler! To get you acquainted with our products we are offering 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3ounces / 37 grams by weight) Steviva Brands 100% Pure Stevia Powder, 1 lb Bag of delicious Fructevia for cooking and baking and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $62.35 Value now only $32.00! Plus use the following discount code/coupon when ordering and we will give you an instant 10% off of your next order. Please enter the following code when ordering: STEVIVA10. Go to http://www.steviva.com/store/ and enter discount code STEVIVA10 when checking out.
*does not apply to international orders
For More Low Carb and Sugar*Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!
Two Complete Programs Atkins and South Beach - Our Gift To You!
Overcoming the boredom and lack of variety is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face in a diet. Well, that is about to change. With this Complete Atkins and South Beach Diet Program, your variety will be vastly improved. You can set up your meals weeks in advance, or you can plan around whatever your local grocery chain happens to have on sale that week, saving you thousands each year on your grocery bill. F r e e with any Steviva Brands purchase, you will receive, The Atkins Diet Plan, The Atkins CARB COUNTER and Over 1000+ great recipes. Plus the 4 week South Beach E-Plan, Over 1000+ South Beach Recipes, Glycemic Counter, to keep track of your sugar intake, Substitution Food List & South Beach Shopping List, Helpful Tips and Hints to the South Beach Diet. All Free with any Steviva.com purchase!
All of our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with any of our products, send them back for a full refund. These plans will ALLOW you to eat almost everything you enjoy and will re-introduce you to foods you used to think were not allowed.The greatest part of this offer is that it will cost you nothing. It is our gift to you for your purchase of any Steviva Brand Product!