Drink Your Food and Eat Your Drink
“The faster you eat, the more likely you are to overeat.”
Gandhi once said that "we should drink our food and eat our drink". What he was saying is take time and chew your food and take small sips of water. In general, people tend to eat too much, too fast and for all the wrong reasons. You won't get sunk by bad eating habits if you take the time to understand what you're doing wrong. It takes time for the body to tell the brain that it 's full. So the faster you eat, the less likely you are to feel satiated, and the more likely you are to overeat. Slowing down and learning to pace yourself, will almost certainly result in fewer calories being consumed, says Edward Abramson, Ph.D., professor of psychology at California State University in Chico, and author of To Have and to Hold: How to Take off the Weight When Marriage Puts on the Pounds (Kensington Books, 1999).
- If you're eating because you're ravenously hungry, drink a glass of water before you start to eat," advises Joy Bauer, MS., RD.,CDN., from Joy Bauer Nutrition in New York City. If you're simply a gobbler, gulp a beverage in between every bite and chew.
- Dim the lights, put on some slow music, light some candles and make your meal a sensuous event that stretches over a few hours.
- Put down your fork from time to time and take a minute or two before you start eating again.
- Make your meals a fun occasion, something you look forward to enjoying leisurely. Perhaps look to the dinner hour as a time to sit down with the family and catch up on the day's events. Having a conversation or telling a funny story will force you to slow down.
- Chew each bite at least 20 times. Researchers found that people who ate, more quickly ate 67 more calories per meal then their slower eating counterparts. Although this may not sound like much, calories do add up. In
fact, an additional 134 calories per day, means 48,910 calories per
year; that's adds up to 14 pounds (lost or gained!).
Good food for thought!
Don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
Have an excellent week.
Steviva Brands, Inc
Pursue What You Want And You Will Get It
When you're sure you're on the right road to success
you don't have to plan your journey too far ahead.
Don't burden yourself with doubts and fears
as to the obstacles that may bar your progress.
You don't need to know all your answers in advance.
Just have a clear idea of the goal you want to reach.
You can only take one step at a time.
If you can muster up the courage to begin,
you'll find the courage to succeed.
It's the job you never start
that always takes the longest to finish.
Eighty percent of success is in showing up.
Copyright 2007 www.yourdailymotivation.com
Get Addicted To Exercise
One of the hardest things about exercising is sticking with it. And, let's face it, a walk here, a bike ride there and an aerobics class every now and again isn't the stuff good, strong bodies are made of. But, if you can keep up your motivation for a couple of weeks, it will become a habit -- and you'll really see and feel results.
Here are six simple steps to make fitness as natural as waking in the morning and falling asleep at night:
1. Timing is everything. Work out at a time that fits your schedule. If you plan to hit the gym after work, but often stay late at the office or have social engagements, it's going to be hard to make your workout a regular part of your week. For most people, mornings are the most realistic time. If you can get up an hour earlier for one week, you might find that exercise wakes you up and energizes you for the rest of the day.
2. Seek convenience. Pick a gym that's close to the office, so swinging by in the morning or on the way home is super easy. Before you know it, your car will practically be steering itself there.
3. Make it a "given." If you do work out in the evenings, make sure your friends and family know that other engagements will have to wait until after your exercise time. The more you and everyone else in your life becomes accustomed to scheduling around your workout, the less likely you'll be to blow it off for other activities.
4. Think ahead. Half the battle is being organized. It doesn't take much. While you're packing your lunch or laying out your clothes for work the next day, be sure to pick out clean exercise clothes, pack your gym bag and fill up your water bottle so you can get up and go in a jiffy.
5. Talk it up. Decide that you're going to be that person in the office or around the neighborhood who is awe-inspiring for motivation. When co-workers start noticing your weight loss, tell them that you now exercise four to five times a week. Make it a character trait, a fact of life -- not just something you've been dabbling in lately. Hearing yourself describe your life in this way makes it real -- and will inspire you to keep it up.
6. Become an addict. The truth is, the "feel-good chemicals" released during high-intensity workouts can leave you craving exercise. If you can reach the point where you yearn for that fitness "high" the way someone might desire coffee, motivation will no longer be an issue.
When you are exercising don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
"To do great work a man must be very idle as well as very industrious."
-- Samuel Butler
Spirit requires a balance of female and male energy, yin and yang, receptiveness and expression. Are you sensitive to intuition and inner guidance? Are you able to act on the guidance you receive? Seek to find a balance in being and doing in all areas of your life.
"The balanced energy is the birthing energy. I used to say that the birthing energy was all feminine -- it’s not. You have to push and you have to be. It’s such a potent example of the dance of the feminine and masculine together, the dance that is the creative energy of life!"
-- Joyce Irvine
Sugar Free Low Glycemic Vegan Strawberry Smoothy
Carbs Per Serving: 4.3 g
Prep Time:<15 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
I start my day off with one of this and it will keep me going for hours. The nuts are super rich in Omega 3 oils, the tofu is high in protein, it is very alkalizing and this has fiber out the "you know what". Share it with you significant other and have an awesome day!
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup rice milk or almond milk
6 tbs Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a very small dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1/2 cup silken/soft tofu
1 cup frozen strawberries or whatever berries you prefer.
6 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients EXCEPT the ice in your blender until smooth. Then add the ice and blend. It makes a sinful "smoothy".
Total Calories: 1124
Calories Per Serving: 562
Total Fat: 87.4g
Saturated Fat: 10.4g
Total Carbohydrates: 65g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 32.5g
Dietary Fiber: 21.4g
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!