Watch Your Calorie Count
“cutting too much can lead to metabolism problems ”
Avoid drastically cutting your calories. Quick and drastic weight loss can cause issues with your body's metabolism and muscle mass. When you lose a lot of weight quickly, you really need to strictly monitor where the weight is coming from. Is it water weight, body fat or muscle mass? The majority of the time, it unfortunately comes from lean muscle mass and this is exactly what causes serious issues with your metabolism. Muscle is your body's most potent and active tissue for burning calories and body fat. It's basically your body's "furnace" and you always want to keep it burning hot. When someone loses a lot of weight, which usually comes from crash dieting or some other unhealthy way of dropping the weight, the body's lean muscle mass is cannibalized and the person loses some of the most powerful tissue for keeping a lean body.
The worst thing is when the person finally decides to get off their diet and they go back to their unhealthy eating habits. The calories go back up, but since their BMR (basal metabolic rate) is lowered and they have lost muscle mass, they end up packing on the body fat very quickly! Have you ever heard of the term "yo-yo" dieting? This is one of the main reasons why so many people have issues and hard times with their weight loss plans.
Don't forget the Master Cleanse cleanse started today. I have set up a web site at http://www.master-cleanse-results.com/ this is your web site. It is there for your success. If you would like to join me and dozens of other register at http://www.master-cleanse-results.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers .
Have an excellent week.
Steviva Brands, Inc
Feel The Desire, Feel The Power
Your dreams will come true,
if you have the desire to pursue them.
You must believe in yourself.
Know in your heart,
that you can do the job you've set out to do.
You're never given a wish
without also being given the power to make it come true.
The achievement of your goal is assured
the moment you commit yourself to it.
Everything is possible,
if you believe it's possible.
It's your mind that sets your limits.
What you envision you can do,
you can do.
Start thinking of yourself as a success
and success will follow.
Success is a state of mind.
You can, because you think you can.
Copyright 2007 www.yourdailymotivation.com
25 Tips To Keep You On The Fitness Track
A lot of people would like to get more exercise than they do, make smarter choices about what they eat and be more like the fit people they envy.
Unfortunately, many of those people find that while it's easy to start an exercise program or a new diet, it's just as easy to quit. The people who are most likely to stick with their fitness plan long enough to achieve those goals, experts say, are those who learn to make exercise and proper nutrition a regular part of their daily lives.
But how do you do THAT?
First, remember that every little bit helps. Then follow some of these 25 simple tips from exercise experts, dietitians and motivational experts to get your healthier lifestyle started or back on track.
1. Be reasonable. "Set some measurable, attainable goal," said Dean Reed, a personal trainer at Elmwood Fitness Center. If you haven't been active for a while, start a short-term goal, such as 15 minutes of exercise two or three days a week, and build from there, he said.
2. Get a new attitude. "You have to first change your mind set about the way you think about the quality of your life," said Rovenia M. Brock, a nutritionist known as "Dr. Ro" to viewers of Black Entertainment Television's "Heart & Soul." According to Brock, people who live in denial about their activity levels and weight are likely to keep packing on the extra pounds.
3. Keep moving. "It can be any kind of activity, anything that you enjoy," said Denise Hoffman, an exercise specialist at West Jefferson Fitness Center. "A little bit goes a long way."
4. Make daily activities count, too. The idea is to get more movement into your life. That can include things that we don't typically regard as "exercise," such as pacing while you talk on the phone or doing leg lifts while the coffee is brewing.
5. Pound the pavement. Walking is a great exercise that you can do anytime. Walk for a few minutes in the morning, take the stairs instead of the elevator or walk to the store instead of driving.
6. Make time for exercise. Set your alarm clock back 30 minutes in the morning and use the time to exercise. Or make an appointment in your calendar to work out and respect it as you would any other commitment.
7. Be prepared. Lay out your exercise clothes at night so you don't have to hunt for them in the morning.
8. Do your research. If you're thinking of joining a health club, consider it as you would any long-term relationship, Moran said. "Some gyms are very serious, and some are very social," Moran said. "You want to make sure that you pay your dues to a gym that you like. If you chose one that you don't like, you'll be one of the many people who drop out and pay dues for two years."
9. Easy does it. People who want to see quick results from exercise may be tempted to overdo it, Reed said. It's important to adopt a gradual approach to allow your body to adjust to exercise.
10. Do what's comfortable for you. "If you hate to be on a treadmill, you're not going to do it for more than a month or two," Reed said. "If you don't like to do weights, you can't set up a program and expect to stick with it."
11. Try something new. If you get bored with your current workout, try a class that you've never taken or buy a new workout video.
12. Get support. Find an exercise buddy or consider hiring a personal trainer to help you stay motivated.
13. Keep an exercise journal. Write down your activities and your thoughts to help you stay focused and motivated.
14. Don't say 'diet.' "People don't stick to diets that restrict a lot and that are very complicated," said Martina Musmeci, a local registered dietitian. "Instead of dieting you should just eat healthier foods."
15. Clean your pantry. "Take out the snacks that are high in sugar and the bad fats," advises Musmeci. "If you don't, you'll think about it and dream about it." That doesn't mean that all snacks must be banished she said. But she suggests choosing snack foods that are lower in sugar and fat.
16. Don't clean your plate. "If you were brought up by parents or grandparents who went through the Depression, that goes against everything you know," Brock said. "But your heart will thank you and eventually your butt will, too."
17. Eat smaller portions. Try putting your food on a smaller plate, Musmeci suggests.
18. Brown-bag it. Pack your lunch for work. "Cook enough at dinner tonight to take to work tomorrow," suggests Byron Richard, a registered dietitian at Tulane University Hospital. "The thing about cooking at home is that you can have complete control over the ingredients. If you're looking for something light, you can get a bag of salad from the grocery store, put it in a Tupperware bowl and put tuna on top. You can add a piece of fruit to your bag and some yogurt. It can be as simple as that."
19. Eat some blueberries. They combine more powerful disease-fighting antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable, according to Dr. Steven Pratt, author of "SuperFoods RX" (William Morrow, $24.95).
20. Eat other colorful foods, too. "Ounce for ounce you'll get fewer calories and more vitamins and minerals to protect yourself from disease," Brock said.
21. Drink up. Sipping water, rather than calorie and carb-laden soft drinks, can quench your thirst and help you feel more full.
22. Look on the bright side. Your feelings exert a powerful influence over your physical health, writes Lucy MacDonald, in her book "Learn to be an Optimist." "If you believe you are healthy, your health will actually benefit."
23. Make time for quiet time. "If you take 10 or 15 minutes just to sort through your thoughts or review your day," Moran said, "you can go out in the world a much calmer person, prepared to make wiser choices.,
24. Seize the day. "One of the most important things we should do is stay in the present and know that goals have to have a corresponding intention," said Peggy Brown, a licensed clinical social worker. "Most of us are stressed because we're looking into the future all the time. One of the most important things we can do is to not just think about it, but do it."
25. Sleep tight. When people sleep well -- experts recommended seven to eight hours a night -- they awake refreshed and better able to handle the day's challenges, including the challenge of maintaining healthy habits.
"If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as in hoping for another life, and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life."
-- Albert Camus
Have you taken ownership of your life?
When we own our lives, we accept what we’ve inherited and the experiences we hold in our memories. We also lay claim to our right to create new conditions if we’re not happy with what’s come before. We assume responsibility for changing what does not suit us. We acknowledge our own special talents and skills, and truly comprehend our right to enjoy the journey. In short, we embrace the meaning and purpose, the mystery and the beauty of our lives.
"Recognize that life is what you get when you’re born ... living is what you do with it."
-- Jim Allen
"It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between."
-- Diane Ackerman
Sugar Free Low Glycemic Low Carb Blackberry Cream Pie
Carbs Per Serving: 7.25 g
Prep Time:<35 minutes
4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 tablespoons All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a very tiny dash Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 small pkg. sugar-free gelatin (strawberry, raspberry or un-flavored)
1 pint half and half
1 (8oz.) pkg. low fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a very tiny dash Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 quart Blackberries cleaned
Preheat oven to 275F. Grease one Pyrex pie plate and set aside.
Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar then beat until whites stand in peaks. Add Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and beat for an additional minute or two.
Spread the meringue evenly in the bottom of the plate and up the sides.
Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes in a 275 F oven, then raise the temperature to 300 and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool while you make filling.
Dissolve gelatin with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/3 cup cold water. Place in freezer for approximately 15-20
minutes (just until it begins to gel.) When the gelatin is ready, whip the heavy cream until stiff (but not dry). Fold in cream cheese
and Steviva Brand Stevia Blend. Fold in gelatin.
Stir in Blackberries (reserving a few for garnish if you like.) Pour over meringue shell in pie plate and let chill until firm -- about 2
Total Calories: 826
Calories Per Serving: 68.83
Total Fat: 37.1g
Saturated Fat: 21.8g
Total Carbohydrates: 87g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 7.25g
Dietary Fiber: 26.6g
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!