Take A Day To Make A Better You
self improvement is the catalyst for greater happiness and success
Do you ever feel like you need a kick in the seat-of-the-pants? A push in the right direction? Perhaps you need a boost in morale or need some attitude adjustment. Try giving yourself a self-development day.
Benefits of a self-development day
- You almost program yourself for optimism
- You feel better, refreshed and ready to seize the rest of the week
- Side-advantage: You knock out some minor tasks you’ve been procrastinating
- You’ll be more organized for the days and weeks to come.
The way I’ve done this in the past is I’ve picked one or two self-development/motivational audio programs that I would listen to nonstop for a whole day. I put on some headphones and do some long-delayed cleaning and filing. At the end of a day like this, I am feeling much more positive, more organized and a lot more energized about how I am going to deal the rest of the week.
So why does this work so well? The simple reason is constant exposure. If you have ever attended an all-day program sponsored by Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy or similar speaker, you probably felt pretty good about yourself and your future after the day was complete. Constant exposure to new motivational ideas prevent the little negative thoughts (gremlins) from taking hold so easily. For lack of a better word, it’s healthy brainwashing.
Best of all, this method is simple to do. Just pick a day, and choose a few self-development audio programs. Prepare some repetative or routine work and get to listening. Don’t stop until the end of the day!
Here are some tips:
- Pick audio programs where you feel you’ll learn something or reinforce behaviors you want to preserve.
- Make sure the day you choose is one where you can either be alone or where you can listen without people interrupting.
- Choose titles that can get you moving in new and better directions.
- Mentally approach your self-development day listening time with a sense that you will learn something.
- Set aside a full day, where you can do stuff like clear your desk, your office closet, dust, file…choose simple tasks such as organizing so you can focus on the audio messages.
- Also, keep the computer and radio OFF. This is self-development day, not surf day.
- It’s also not audio-book day, so don’t choose novels.
- If you find yourself bored with the message, keep the tapes or CDs rolling. If your mind drifts, let it drift. Just keep it rolling. It’s likely the next chapter will snag you. If not, you are still getting something.
Some ideas for what to do while you listen can include filing and tossing out old papers. Remove all the books from your bookcase, dust them and put them back. Clean and arrange your desk drawers. If you typically take a break, this time take a break and go for a walk.
A self-development day is an Investment in you.
This is self indulgent YOU time, this is for your health and mental well-being. You will surely get many ideas during this day and will probably feel a great sense of motivation and drive when the day is over.
Thank you for your patronage.
Have a sensational week!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Knowledge Is Power
You build the power to accomplish your goals when you educate yourself.
This power comes from knowing how to do something. Power is the product of understanding.
The most successful people in life are the one's with the best information. People with power are people who know how to get things done. Knowing how to do something is sometimes virtually the same as having done it.
Knowledge will come to you by having your eyes and mind always open. There is no knowledge that is not power.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
Copyright 2010 www.yourdailymotivation.com
Summer Fitness 101
your ten step plan for better fitness
Summer's is nearly here and that means bathing suit season is right around the corner. But even if you've been a little neglectful about your workouts, there's no need to panic about having to face the world nearly naked - you still have plenty of time to get in shape before you hit the beach.
Most fitness experts agree that it takes four to six weeks to see results from any new exercise plan, so if you start today you'll have five weeks before the those lazy, hazy days officially start. Here are 10 things that can help you reach your beachy best.
- Lift weights and do aerobics. Building muscle will raise your metabolism and tone and strengthen your body; cardiovascular exercise strengthens your heart and burns calories. Just do it.
- Visualize. Every time you think of skipping a workout, picture yourself in a bathing suit - the way you look now and the way you know you can look. Now go workout.
- Cut down on fats. Summer brings a bounty of juicy peaches, plums, berries and sun-ripened tomatoes plus a wide variety of crunchy, colorful vegetables that are low-calorie, nutrient-rich and loaded with fiber. Enjoy.
- Drink lots of water. If you exercise for an hour a day you lose 20 percent more fluid than you would if you just sat still and it's even higher on hot, summer days. Dehydration can cause headaches, diarrhea, muscle cramps, and exhaustion, and water is the best (no-fat, no-calorie) way to hydrate.
- Exercise outdoors. Research shows that being exposed to natural light can make you feel more energetic. Now that the weather is cooperating and the days are longer, go to a park or beach and run, walk, cycle, rollerblade or swim. The varied terrain will challenge your body in ways that indoor exercise machines can't.
- Steer clear of salty snacks. They're usually packed with fat and often leave you feeling bloated, dehydrated and generally sluggish.
- Divide and conquer. If you're very busy during the day and can't work out for a full hour at a time, break it up into two half-hour sessions. For example do a half hour of aerobic exercise at lunch and a half-hour of weight training after work or vice versa.
- Wear sunscreen. Try to avoid exercising outdoors between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when the sun is at its peak, but no matter when you choose to do an outdoor workout make sure you slather on the sunscreen. Choose one with an SPF (sun protection factor) of 15 to 30 and put it on at least 20 minutes before going out so it has time to penetrate your skin.
- Workout in water. Take advantage of your visits to a pool, lake or the ocean by incorporating exercise into your leisure time. Tread water while chatting with friends, jump over ocean waves or walk laps in the pool. The added resistance of the pool water will give your legs a great workout and burn lots of calories.
- Make lemonade. Drinking iced tea or coffee may seem like a great way to quench your summertime thirst but these beverages may end up doing just the opposite. Both act as diuretics and can cause dehydration, especially if you've been perspiring. A better choice is a tall, frosty glass of lemonade or any fresh fruit juice poured over ice - you'll get extra vitamins too. What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
Now, starting working out.
This information and other information on this site is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
To help you reach your healthy lifestyle goals please feel free to use the following discount code/coupon when ordering and we will give you an instant 10% off of your next order. Please enter the following code when ordering: STEVIVA10. Go to http://www.steviva.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl and enter discount code STEVIVA10 when checking out.
Acceptance As Giving
Allowing Ourselves To Receive
Giving and receiving are part of the same cycle, and we each give and receive in our own ways. But we can lose our balance when we try to be too controlling on either side of the cycle. On the receiving end, we may feel that we don't deserve the effort made if what we gave was easy for us to give. But perhaps there is a different lesson there for us. We may be receiving not only gratitude, but a chance to see the world through the eyes of another. We may be learning that just because we gave easily, it doesn't diminish its value. Or perhaps the universe is giving us an example to hold close to our hearts, to encourage us on some future day when our own generous act of giving is not met with a visible act of receiving. When we can allow ourselves to receive as well as give, we do our part to keep the channels of abundance open for ourselves and others.
Sometimes we may find ourselves struggling to respond to others' gifts in the same waysólike responding to an expensive present with something equally expensive, or feeling like we have to throw a dinner party for someone who has thrown one for us. But when these are done out of a sense of obligation, their energy changes from something that shares to something that drains. If this sounds familiar, we can decide next time to allow ourselves to receive with arms, minds and hearts open and simply say thank you.
Accepting a person's gift is a gift in itself. Sincere appreciation for their acknowledgement and their effort joins our energy with theirs in the cycle of giving and receiving, and nurtures all involved. If ever we find we are still having difficulty, we can decide to allow ourselves to be conduits for gratitude and accept on behalf of a loving, giving universe.
Low Glycemic Sugar Free Super Easy Almond Butter Fudge
Carbs Per Serving: 6.58 g
Prep Time:<25 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
10 tablespoons half and half
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a tiny dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1/2 cup unsalted chopped almonds
In heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and half and half. Stir in almond butter. Remove from heat and add vanilla and Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or Steviva Brand Stevia Powder. Fold chopped into fudge. Spread on sprayed plate. Chill and cut into 16 pieces.
Total Calories: 1877
Calories Per Serving: 156.4
Total Fat: 163.1g
Saturated Fat: 44.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 79g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 6.58g
Dietary Fiber: 26.8g
Try All Natural Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
Fructevia 2- 5lb Special!
2- 5lb Bulk Size of Fructevia Sweetener with free domestic (within the US) shipping. Fructevia is a patented all natural proprietary blend of Fructose, FOS, Stevia and Magnesium Carbonate. Fructevia is about twice as sweet as sugar so you use half as much. Fructevia has less than 3 calories per serving and does not affect blood sugar levels like sugar so it is safe for diabetics, low carb dieters, low glycemic dieters, persons suffering from hypoglycemia and more. Fructevia tastes exactly like sugar. In fact, we guarantee it. If you find that it doesn't, send it back and we will refund your money in full. No questions asked. Order Now! Regularly: $109.99 - On Sale: $75.00
Read what our customers are saying:
Received my order of Fructevia today and had to try it immediately. It's wonderful! I will make a lemon meringue pie for my father at Thanksgiving, his favorite which he has not had in years because he is diabetic. ~ J. Hart
There is no doubt in my mind that Fructevia is by far the in the most exciting sweetening product to enter the market in recent decades. ~ M. Williams
I love coffee and my husband has replaced sugar with Fructevia in all of my lattes and various coffee drinks. Whoo hoo! Fructevia is excellent. I love it. It's about time! ~ C. Preston
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let's Get Acquainted Special #3. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3ounces / 37 grams by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of delicious Fructevia for cooking and baking. A 29.99 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!
Two Complete Programs Atkins and South Beach - Our Free Gift To You!Overcoming the boredom and lack of variety is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face in a diet. Well, that is about to change. With this Complete Atkins and South Beach Diet Program, your variety will be vastly improved. You can set up your meals weeks in advance, or you can plan around whatever your local grocery chain happens to have on sale that week, saving you thousands each year on your grocery bill. Free with any Steviva Brands purchase, you will receive, The Atkins Diet Plan, The Atkins CARB COUNTER and Over 1000+ great recipes. Plus the 4 week South Beach E-Plan, Over 1000+ South Beach Recipes, Glycemic Counter, to keep track of your sugar intake, Substitution Food List & South Beach Shopping List, Helpful Tips and Hints to the South Beach Diet. All Free with any Steviva.com purchase! All of our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with any of our products, send them back for a full refund. These plans will ALLOW you to eat almost everything you enjoy and will re-introduce you to foods you used to think were not allowed.The greatest part of this offer is that it will cost you nothing. It is our gift to you for your purchase of any Steviva Brand Product!