A Walk In The Sun Can Save Your Life
The health of the public is being put at risk by recommendations to cover up and stay out of the sun. These recommendations, which are part of Cancer Research SunSmart program, increase the risk of several types of cancer, and may also increase deaths from melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer.
Increased exposure to sunlight or greater intake of vitamin D has been found to reduce the risk of five common cancers in case/control studies. These are cancer of the colon, breast, ovary, prostate and lymphoma. Additional evidence based on differences in incidence of cancer in northern versus southern states of America have found that some 16 or more different types of cancer are less common in the sunny south.
For example, the risk of prostate cancer, which causes some 100,000 deaths a year has been found to be reduced by sunbathing. And sunburn in childhood is even associated with a reduced risk of prostate cancer, presumably because people who become sunburned have greater exposure to the sun.
Some 50 per cent of people obtain insufficient vitamin D which increases their risk of cancer and other diseases. Sunlight is the major source of vitamin D. Only small amounts are obtained in foods such as eggs, butter or margarine, meat, some breakfast cereals and oily fish. Vitamin D supplements do not provide enough extra vitamin if taken at the usually recommended levels.
So... grab a loved one and take a long walk in the Sun and soak up the rays of life.
Have a sensational week!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Create Your Future With A Vision
Study your present situation thoroughly.
Go over in your imagination the various courses of action possible to you.
Visualize the consequences which can follow from each course.
Pick out the course which gives you the most promise and go ahead.
Many successful people use this skill of mental visualization.
They mentally run through important events before they happen.
Picture yourself in your minds eye as already having achieved your goal.
See yourself doing the things you'll be doing
when you've reached your goal.
You can put your subconscious to work
toward making your mental pictures come true.
Go over your day in your imagination before you begin it.
You can begin acting successfully at any moment.
See the things you want as already yours.
Think of them as yours, as already in your possession.
You can live your dreams.
Getting Addicted To Exercise
One of the hardest things about exercising is sticking with it. And, let's face it, a walk here, a bike ride there and an aerobics class every now and again isn't the stuff good, strong bodies are made of. But, if you can keep up your motivation for a couple of weeks, it will become a habit -- and you'll really see and feel results.
Here are six simple steps to make fitness as natural as waking in the morning and falling asleep at night:
1. Timing is everything. Work out at a time that fits your schedule. If you plan to hit the gym after work, but often stay late at the office or have social engagements, it's going to be hard to make your workout a regular part of your week. For most people, mornings are the most realistic time. If you can get up an hour earlier for one week, you might find that exercise wakes you up and energizes you for the rest of the day.
2. Seek convenience. Pick a gym that's close to the office, so swinging by in the morning or on the way home is super easy. Before you know it, your car will practically be steering itself there.
3. Make it a "given." If you do work out in the evenings, make sure your friends and family know that other engagements will have to wait until after your exercise time. The more you and everyone else in your life becomes accustomed to scheduling around your workout, the less likely you'll be to blow it off for other activities.
4. Think ahead. Half the battle is being organized. It doesn't take much. While you're packing your lunch or laying out your clothes for work the next day, be sure to pick out clean exercise clothes, pack your gym bag and fill up your water bottle so you can get up and go in a jiffy.
5. Talk it up. Decide that you're going to be that person in the office or around the neighborhood who is awe-inspiring for motivation. When co-workers start noticing your weight loss, tell them that you now exercise four to five times a week. Make it a character trait, a fact of life -- not just something you've been dabbling in lately. Hearing yourself describe your life in this way makes it real -- and will inspire you to keep it up.
6. Become an addict. The truth is, the "feel-good chemicals" released during high-intensity workouts can leave you craving exercise. If you can reach the point where you yearn for that fitness "high" the way someone might desire coffee, motivation will no longer be an issue.
When you are exercising don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
This information and other information is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
"He who has achieved success has worked well, laughed often and loved much."
-- Elbert Hubbard
"Too often, people focus only on results. But getting results without learning something or without having fun are incomplete. So is having fun without getting the results, or having fun without learning something new to help and empower you in the future. Accomplishment is all three: the result, personal growth and having fun." -- Peter L. Hirsch
"There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. ...But success also includes good health, energy and enthusiasm for life, fulfilling relationships, creative freedom, emotional and psychological stability, a sense of well-being, and peace of mind."
-- Deepak Chopra
"You don’t have to stay up nights to succeed; you have to stay awake days." -- Source Unknown
Low Glycemic Sugar Free Cherry Almond Muffins
Carbs Per Serving: 14.45 g
Prep Time:<20 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
1 cup oats quick or old fashioned, uncooked
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons low fat margarine, melted
1 cup whole grain or soy flour
1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
1/4 cup slivered almonds
3 tablespoons Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray twelve medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in eggs and margarine until blended.
3. In large bowl, combine flour, cherries, almonds, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Fill muffin cups almost full.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Total Calories: 1107
Calories Per Serving: 92.25 serving size 1 muffin
Total Fat Per Serving: 2.95g
Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
Cholesterol Per Serving: 40.56mg
Sodium Per Serving: 40.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates Per Serving: 14.45g
Dietary Fiber: 3.74
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!