Drink Your Food and Eat Your Drink
“The faster you eat, the more likely you are to overeat.”
Gandhi once said that "we should drink our food and eat our drink". What he was saying is take time and chew your food and take small sips of water. In general, people tend to eat too much, too fast and for all the wrong reasons. You won't get sunk by bad eating habits if you take the time to understand what you're doing wrong. It takes time for the body to tell the brain that it 's full. So the faster you eat, the less likely you are to feel satiated, and the more likely you are to overeat. Slowing down and learning to pace yourself, will almost certainly result in fewer calories being consumed.
- If you're eating because you're ravenously hungry, drink a glass of water before you start to eat," advises Joy Bauer, MS., RD.,CDN., from Joy Bauer Nutrition in New York City. If you're simply a gobbler, gulp a beverage in between every bite and chew.
- Dim the lights, put on some slow music, light some candles and make your meal a sensuous event that stretches over a few hours.
- Put down your fork from time to time and take a minute or two before you start eating again.
- Make your meals a fun occasion, something you look forward to enjoying leisurely. Perhaps look to the dinner hour as a time to sit down with the family and catch up on the day's events. Having a conversation or telling a funny story will force you to slow down.
Good food for thought!
Don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
Thank you for your patronage.
Have a sensational week!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
The Path To Success is a Toll Road
You must give up something to get whatever you want in life.
The greater the value, the greater the sacrifice that will be required.
Everything has a price.
Nothing worthwhile will come easily to you.
Work, continuous work and hard work,
is the only way to accomplish the results that last.
You pay a price if you want to make things better,
and you pay a price for just leaving things as they are.
You'll find no success at bargain basement prices.
Finding Fitness in the Fall
Autumn is totally here and that means the holiday season is right around the corner. With the holidays it is critical to stay fit so you don't come out on the other side carrying the gift of holiday weight gain.
Most fitness experts agree that it takes four to six weeks to see results from any new exercise plan, so if you start today by the time the holidays hit you'll be in prime shape. Here are 10 things that can help you reach goals.
- Lift weights and do aerobics. Building muscle will raise your metabolism and tone and strengthen your body; cardiovascular exercise strengthens your heart and burns calories. Just do it.
- Visualize. Every time you think of skipping a workout, picture yourself in a bathing suit - the way you look now and the way you know you can look. Now go workout.
- Cut down on fats. Autumn brings a bounty of juicy peaches, plums, berries and sun-ripened tomatoes plus a wide variety of crunchy, colorful vegetables that are low-calorie, nutrient-rich and loaded with fiber. Enjoy.
- Drink lots of water. If you exercise for an hour a day you lose 20 percent more fluid than you would if you just sat still and it's even higher on hot, summer days. Dehydration can cause headaches, diarrhea, muscle cramps, and exhaustion, and water is the best (no-fat, no-calorie) way to hydrate. What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
- Exercise outdoors. Research shows that being exposed to natural light can make you feel more energetic. You have a few more weeks where the weather will be cooperating so, go to a park and run, walk, cycle or rollerblade. The varied terrain will challenge your body in ways that indoor exercise machines can't.
- Steer clear of salty snacks. They're usually packed with fat and often leave you feeling bloated, dehydrated and generally sluggish.
- Divide and conquer. If you're very busy during the day and can't work out for a full hour at a time, break it up into two half-hour sessions. For example do a half hour of aerobic exercise at lunch and a half-hour of weight training after work or vice versa.
- Workout in water. Take advantage of your visits to a pool by incorporating exercise into your leisure time. Tread water while chatting with friends. The added resistance of the pool water will give your legs a great workout and burn lots of calories.
- Make lemonade. Drinking hot tea or coffee may seem like a great way to quench your thirst but these beverages may end up doing just the opposite. Both act as diuretics and can cause dehydration, especially if you've been working out. A better choice is a tall, glass of lemonade made with Steviva Brand Stevia Powder or any fresh unsweetened fruit juice with a dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder and then poured over ice - you'll get extra vitamins too.
"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere."
-- Agnes Repplier
Are you happy?
Don’t answer too quickly. Sit with this question for a long time and you’ll be introduced to brand new dimensions of who you are and of what matters in your life.
"Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which we are capable."
-- Leo C. Rosten
All Natural - Sugar Free Impossible Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Makes 8-10 servings
This recipe was submitted by Barbara Phillips. I tried it this weekend and it was awesome! Thanks for the great recipe Barbara. The original called for Bisquick or Jiffy baking mix. They both have a little sugar and carbs so I switched it to a low carb bake mix that I got at Wholefoods that contains mostly soy flour. Either way this is a wonderful recipe. Enjoy.
1 cup baking mix of your choice
1/2 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend
1/8 tsp. and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
3/4 cups chopped pecans
This pie makes its own crust. You do not need one.
Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10 inch pie plate. Combine the baking mix, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, eggs, pumpkin puree, and evaporated milk. Stir in the pecans. Pour into the prepared pie plate.
Bake for about 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack. If desired top with whipped cream.
This makes a nice large pie which would serve 8 to 10
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
Steviva brand organic tea cut stevia leaves are approximately 40 times sweeter than sugar. Stevia leaves can be added to your favorite tea or they can be your favorite tea. We are offering 1 kilo/2.2 lbs for $29.99 our regular price is $39.95. Click here to order as many as you want.
5 lb of Steviva Brand Organic Yerba Mate Green Tea - This stimulating herbal beverage has the unique ability to wake up the mind without the nervousness and jitters associated with coffee. It is amazing and delicious and on sale for $36.90. The regular price is $45.00 Click here to order as many as you want.