Meditate Your Way To Well Being
“excellent tips on how to meditate and what the benefits are.”
I hesitate to use the word meditation. To me, as well as many others, the word "meditation" conjures up the picture of a bearded man sitting cross-legged in front of an entrance to a cave or high on a mountain top. Climbing the mountain and reaching him is part of the arduous journey toward self-fulfillment, self-improvement. Once we find him we ask, "What is the meaning of life?" or "How do we achieve peace in ourselves and our lives?" This all-knowing man tells us the answers are "inside ourselves" and tells us to go and contemplate. I don't know if that answer was worth the journey!
Well, I am not a wise man on a mountain. I am just like you -- involved in life and work, seeking more serenity and calm in my life. I am still learning but I am finding that it is really helping me balance my life and greatly reduce my cortisol levels.
Research has shown that meditation can contribute to your physiological as well as your psychological and well-being. This is accomplished because meditation brings your brainwave pattern into an alpha state, which is the level at which healing begins.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect.
- Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower heart rate, and reduced work load of the heart.
- Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals associated with stress.
- Reduction of free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage.
- Decreased high blood pressure.
- Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels.
- Drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.
- Decreases the ageing process.
- Greater creativity.
- Decreased anxiety.
- Decreased depression
- Decreased irritability and moodiness
- Improved learning ability and memory.
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
- Increased happiness.
- Increased emotional stability.
Meditation is very easy. I suggest you start with a breathing meditation. Sit with your eyes partially closed and turn your attention to your breathing. Breath naturally, preferably through the nostrils, without attempting to control your breath, and try to become aware of the sensation of the breath as it enters and leaves the nostrils. This sensation is your object of meditation. Concentrate on your breathing until everything else seems to fade way. Continue this for 20 minutes.
I think you will notice a big difference. Especially if you continue doing it daily.
Thank you for your patronage.
Have a sensational week!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Make A Plan To Change Your Life
You have the power and the opportunity to change your life.
You can make anything you want of it.
It's not difficult, it just takes some effort.
See things as you would have them be instead of as they are.
Develop a personal plan that focuses on what you want,
not on what you have.
Your imagination will show you how to turn your possibilities into reality.
Visualize your goals and your subconscious will begin to work
toward making those mental pictures come true.
If you picture yourself vividly as winning,
that alone will contribute immeasurably to your success.
Knowing your destination is all you need to get there.
Fall Into A Lifelong Plan For Fitness?
10 Tips On Keeping Fat Free And Fit In The Autumn
“Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There is no greater investment.”
-- Steven Covey
You’re sick of it aren’t you? You know what I’m talking about -- the long winter ahead and the resulting weight gain and lack of motivation that comes from it.
I’m here to tell you that it’s OK. There’s time to make changes and reap the rewards that come from a balanced fitness and nutrition program. However, it won’t happen overnight.
The human body can comfortably lose up to two pounds per week without losing muscle. In six weeks, you can lose approximately ten to twelve pounds of pure body fat.
This alone will get you propelling into Fall and set you up for a marvelous Winter of staying slim.
I’ve made no secret as to what I believe the key components to losing fat are: maintaining consistency with your nutrition program, weight training to stimulate the metabolism and cardiovascular exercise to burn additional calories. Combine this strategy with reasonable consistency and you will keep the weight off.
The problem is some of you have been sitting around and not really doing much of anything all Autumn. So, how can I expect most of you to implement my prescription?
I’ve always said that motivation needs to be coaxed, not forced. When you gently coax motivation it eventually grows stronger and becomes habit.
For those who need to get a jumpstart, I decided to think about ways you can add some elements of fitness and smart nutrition into your daily activity. Just some simple elements to get you on the right track.
The goal is to get you moving and having some fun without placing excessive pressure on you. The result will be YOU wanting more -- that’s when the motivational forest fire begins.
The following 10 tips are simple and effective methods to jumpstart your fitness program:
1. Three 10-minute workouts spread through the day can be just as effective as one 30-minute session. Try to do three 10-minute bursts of activity such as 10 minutes of housework, a 10-minute walk at lunch and another 10-minute walk with your spouse or a friend in the evening.
2. Eliminate one portion of food from one daily meal. If you usually have a sandwich with cheese for lunch, just eliminate the cheese. If you have a salad for lunch, but it’s smothered with croutons, just eliminate the croutons. I once trained a client who asked me to help him change his daily lunch of a cheeseburger and French fries. I told him to simply eliminate the cheese from the burger for two weeks and then we would review again. He thought I was going to suggest broiled chicken and vegetables. However, remember what I said about habits and motivation being coaxed -- not forced.
3. At work, don't e-mail or use the phone if you’re in the same building as the person you wish to speak with, get off your butt and walk over to the person.
4. Make all family events involve physical activity, including birthdays and holidays. Go for a big group walk after dinner. Make family outings include physical activities such as volleyball on the beach, hiking through the forest or playing Frisbee at a family picnic.
5. Turn on the music and do aerobic housecleaning. C’mon, make it fun!
6. Perform calf lifts (toe raises) while cooking dinner.
7. If you have kids, teach them how to perform jumping jacks and then help them "practice" each day (very entertaining as well as good exercise).
8. Pack your lunch three days per week. I know you love going out to lunch every day. However, if you make a healthy lunch just three days per week, you’ll be coaxing a realistic habit. This will make you look forward to your lunches out and appreciate your newfound discipline at the same time. I guarantee it will empower you.
9. Take your kids to the park and then walk or jog around the playground area.
10. Work on your posture. It’s amazing to see the number of people who slouch. If you stand up straight you’ll look leaner, younger and healthier. This is a real easy one, but you’ll be surprised how years of slouching will make this the most challenging of all the tips.
Keeping yourself hydrated during your work out will make it even more effective. Don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder. Now, starting working out.
Hey, I know this won’t make you an Olympic athlete or give you six-pack abs, but that’s not the goal. I just want to see you making an effort to improve. If you take two to three of your favorite tips above -- that will be the beginning of something great.
Embrace The Process
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear ... as it is, infinite."
-- William Blake
When we stop and pay attention to ourselves, we begin to see clearly the habits and patterns that have kept us asleep and confused and misled for so long. With awareness, we can choose to shift from the selfish and narrow outlook of our personality to the all-embracing generosity of our soul, simply by changing our perspective.
Change your mind and you’ll change your world.
"You watch your mind to see who you are not. I watch my mind to gain a sense of its content, which has always been my pain. As I watch it, I get a sense of its impermanence. Thoughts come and go as part of a process. I see how content dissolves into process and begin to see the patterns in the process. Realizing it isn’t MY suffering, MY pain, it becomes THE pain. I’ve gone from the tiny, the small, and the individual to the universal. I feel OUR pain. When we do, we go from fear to compassion. Fear is MY pain, compassion is THE pain."
-- Stephen Levine
All Natural Low Glycemic Sugar Free Coconut Cream Pie
Makes 12 servings
Carbs Per Serving: 6.0 g
Prep Time:<15 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce blended with 1/8 teaspoon Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1/2 cup protein powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in blender at one time and blend until mixed together. Pour into a buttered 10-inch pie plate. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. When done, crust will be on bottom, custard in the middle, and coconut on top.
Total Calories: 3164
Calories Per Serving: 263
Total Fat: 272.1g
Saturated Fat: 170.4g
Total Carbohydrates: 72g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 6.0g
Dietary Fiber: 4.5
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
Steviva brand organic tea cut stevia leaves are approximately 40 times sweeter than sugar. Stevia leaves can be added to your favorite tea or they can be your favorite tea. We are offering 1 kilo/2.2 lbs for $29.99 our regular price is $39.95. Click here to order as many as you want.
5 lb of Steviva Brand Organic Yerba Mate Green Tea - This stimulating herbal beverage has the unique ability to wake up the mind without the nervousness and jitters associated with coffee. It is amazing and delicious and on sale for $36.90. The regular price is $45.00 Click here to order as many as you want.