We're all guilty of doing it at one time or another. We know we're not hungry, but there is a small voice in our head telling us to eat something. The battle begins.The next thing we know, we're in the kitchen eating from a bag of chips, the cookie jar, or dishing out the ice cream. The battle is over, and we've lost.These battles, whether fought daily or weekly, can be minimized if you learn to leave the poorer food choices at the grocery store. Make a shopping list of healthy foods and stick to it.
If you don't do the shopping for your home, talk to the person who does about your needs. If they are going to continue to buy foods that tempt you, ask them to also buy some foods that will give you healthier options. And perhaps they'll be willing to keep the tempting foods in a special place -- a "battle zone" you can steer clear of.
The point isn't to banish these foods forever, but to minimize the encounters you have with them. Winning the battle begins with having more healthy, low calorie options, and fewer poor food choices to tempt you.
Now that fall is firmly upon us that the early mornings have a bit of a bite, it is time for something that warms the soul and refreshes the spirit. On mornings like this I enjoy a nice steamy mug of Chai Tea. Chai's roots come from the 5,000 year old Indian Science of Ayurveda, healing with food.
You'll find that the ingredients in Chai are used to promote healing and strengthen various parts of the body.
- Cinnamon strengthens the blood and teeth. Ceylon Cinnamon is soft and light tan colored. Hard, red-brown cinnamon is actually Cassia Bark. Has a real strong flavor. Use what is available to you and adjust the recipe accordingly.
- Black Pepper stimulates digestion, brings heat, circulation, breaks a sweat, breaks down calcium deposits.
- Cloves stimulate the appetite.
- Cardamom opens the nerves, helps digestion.
- Ginger strengthens the nerves, circulation.
- Tea catalyzes the spices. Opens the lungs, circulation, anti-oxidant. Lots of new research!
- Milk helps buffer the digestive tract from the spices and relax the muscle system.
Here's a recipes that is naturally sugar free and will start your day off on the right foot!
All Natural Sugar Free Low Carb Chai Tea
Carbs Per Serving: 0.4g
Calories Per Serving: 45g
Protein Per Serving: 4g
Fats Per Serving: 3g
Prep Time:<10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
2 Tb sp Darjeeling tea
1 Tb sp fennel or anise seed
6 green cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
1/4" ginger root, sliced thin
1/4 tsp black pepper corns
2 bay leaves
7 Cups water
1 Cup whole milk
6 Tb sp All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/8 Teaspoon All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
Add spices and herbs, bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes then add 2 Tb sp Darjeeling tea and let steep for 5 minutes.
Add 6 Tb sp All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/8 Teaspoon All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Powder and 1 Cup milk.
Stir and server hot.
- 25 times sweeter than sugar
- Zero calo..
CocoSweet+ starts with harvesting or "tapping" the blossoms of a coconut tree. Farmers ..