four common drugs that cost you in more ways than one
Beyond the co-pay cost for these commonly prescribed drugs, your body can pay another price with nutritionally from their use. Often medications will affect different biochemical pathways that can cause a depletion in one nutrient or another. While one problem can be solved, another maybe caused due to this. Below you fill find four drugs and the nutrients they deplete.
- Statin Drugs: This class of drugs helps lower cholesterol. Cholesterol is an important building block for all hormones in both men and women. While this drug is very effective, it will deplete your levels of the CoQ10, which is necessary to make cellular energy. Low levels of CoQ10 are associated with heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- ACE inhibitors: This class of drugs are used to treat high blood pressure and heart conditions. The cost will be lower zinc and sodium, related to lower immunity, wound healing, and lower sense of smell and taste for zinc. Sodium, which is lowered as part of the therapeutic affect and shouldn't be replaced, when too low can cause dehydration, muscle weakness, low appetite, and poor concentration.
- Metformin: This class of drugs is used to lower blood sugar levels, while simultaneously lowering vitamin b12 which may appear as low energy, numbness and tingling, and psychiatric conditions amongst a few.
- Proton Pump Inhibitors: This class of drugs is used to treat GERD, commonly referred to as heart burn. Contrary to popular belief, is often a defect of too little stomach acid, which inappropriately moves the wrong way in the digestion track, up into the esophagus which isn't made for the lower pH that is needed to break down food in the stomach. PPI's will lower magnesium which is used in more than 300 bodily biochemical functions. A deficiency in magnesium can cause muscle cramps, contractions, seizures, abnormal heart rhythms, numbness and tingling, nausea, vomiting, and more.
While it is very likely that these prescriptions are medically necessary you should talk to your Naturopathic doctor about making sure that you aren't paying too much nutritionally.
This information and other information is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
- 25 times sweeter than sugar
- Zero calo..
CocoSweet+ starts with harvesting or "tapping" the blossoms of a coconut tree. Farmers ..