5 tips that will boost your own defenses
To get a shot or not, is the question here, kind of. The intent of this article is to give you some resources for your own research so that you can make an informed decision on how to keep the viruses at bay and away from your body. The most important thing to consider are the populations at risk for immune compromisation, the elderly, pregnant women, chronic disease patients, etc, as they are lives are more on the line. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides good information on what the flu is, and who they recommend getting vaccinated. However, most likely it is not the flu itself that kills people, but rather other complications, such as pneumonia, and “the flu vaccine is no more effective for children than a placebo, according to a large-scale, systematic review of 51 studies, published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews”.
While the flu vaccine is an inactivated form of 3 influenza strands, and technically shouldn't cause someone to get the flu, it was interesting to read several side effects of people getting sick after receiving the vaccine. Medicine Net provides more back ground information and allows people to post the effects they experienced after.
Here are 5 Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System:
Eat the Rainbow! Plenty of fruits and veggies provide you with the nutrients your body needs to keep your immune system running smoothly. New recommendations have done away from servings, and have suggested the plate method, in which half of your plate is filled with fruits and vegetables, and the other with protein, and grains (gluten free ideally). And stay away from sugar!
- Supplement your Stomach! Probiotics are a great thing to take to help make sure your gut is in balance with good bacteria. Did you know that most of your immune system is actually in your gut?
- Wash your Hands! This is somewhat of a no brainer, but a good reminder that washing or sanitizing your hands often prevent infection from spreading. Choose a natural based sanitizer is best, free of chemicals; go to your local health food store for help finding one.
- Stress Less! Most people often get sick after traveling or after a deadline at work, or some other of life's pressures. Anything you can do to decrease your stress is a boost to your immune system! Consider drinking Kava Tea by Yogi, and taking B vitamins to help dampen the stress response.
- Take your Vitamins! There are many supplements that one can take, and are recommended even if eating properly, as our food isn't as nutritious as it once was. Some vitamins to discuss with your holistic doctor are A, C, D.
- 25 times sweeter than sugar
- Zero calo..
CocoSweet+ starts with harvesting or "tapping" the blossoms of a coconut tree. Farmers ..