5 tips on picking yourself up and dusting yourself off
There's an old Irish proverb that I was taught at a young age after having my ass handed to me by a kid on the playground. “It's is not what you're going to do when your down on the ground but, what you going to do when you get back up”. This has stuck with me throughout my life. Lord knows I have been knocked on the ground my share of times but, something keeps propping me back up and getting me back in the game. Everybody gets sand kicked in their face at some time in their lives but here are five proven techniques to not let it get the better of you.
• You are not alone – Everybody person who reaches for the stars eventually gets knocked back down to the earth. It's the nature of things. Look at Donald Trump… ok, let's not but, Abraham Lincoln had some guarantor loans issues and had to claim personal bankruptcy twice before becoming one of our greatest presidents. The same seeds of greatness that were in him are in you.
• Everything temporary – On a particularly low point in my life my mom once told me the “ the darkest hour is just before dawn”. True story. Most people get knocked down and think that game is over. Well it is not. The best is yet to come. God's delays are not Gods denials. Recognize that every situation is never permanent and with tenacity you will emerge stronger than before.
• Accept a helping hand – Like with my mom's words of wisdom and my dad's occasional help with a few bucks there is always an outreached hand ready and waiting to pull you out of the muck. You just have to look for it and then be open and receptive to taking it. It's out there, be confident in that.
• Be a force to be reckoned with – In by Sun Tzu's The Art of War it is taught when you are at your strongest appear your weakest and when you are at your weakest appear your strongest. Fake it until you make it. When you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and wipe away the tears raise your fists and get ready for round two be fiercer then you were before. Remember Rocky Balboa? He was down but, never out.
• Pass it forward – Remember the helping hand? Now that you are back on your two feet it is time to lend a hand to somebody else who has gotten knocked down. By writing this article for you, that is essentially what I am doing. So, share it. This is a must and creates good Karma for the next time you have your ass handed to you.
- 25 times sweeter than sugar
- Zero calo..
CocoSweet+ starts with harvesting or "tapping" the blossoms of a coconut tree. Farmers ..