We are half way through he first month of the new year. What is in store for you? More of the same or are you planning to action and make a plan? Let me tell you... the best is yet to come.
You can get everything you want out of your life if you follow certain principles. Principle #1 - People who keep doing the same things over and over never reach their full potential. If have planned to turn the pages in your calendar from 2010 to 2011 without making significant changes don't expect significant results.
To help get your creative juices flowing here are twelve things to think about. To do this properly you'll need a little time and a lot of committment.
1. Now that we are two weeks into the new year it's an all new ball game. There's no thriving off yesterday's effort and results.
2. Say goodbye to everything that doesn't work for you. Learn to let go of unproductive habits and techniques. Why keep doing something if it doesn't get the results you want?
If what you're doing isn't working - just stop doing it. Quit being afraid to learn something new. Live dangerously - go out and invest in books, tapes, DVD's or CDs that will sharpen the skills that need to be sharpened.
3. What kind of person are you? What kind of person do you want to become? What would it take to become the person you're capable of becoming? It usually takes courage and action.
4. A very rich man (Bunker Hunt) was asked many years ago what advice he would give college graduates on how to become successful. Without any hesitation he said there were three steps to success: First, figure out what you want. Second, Figure out what you're willing to sacrifice to achieve it. Third, just go do it.
I believe the second step holds too many people back. Rarely do you find success without sacrifice. It's like paying dues.
5. What do you value most in your life? Does what you value most get most of your time? Remember, your actions speak louder than your words.
6. What are the attributes of a successful motivated person? Do you possess any of these attributes? If you do, how are you planning to eliminate them? Don't be too quick to dismiss this one. Successful motivated people seldom get average results. You can forget about the economy and September 11th as reasons and excuses. Winners deal with adversity and achieve the results.
7. Make a list of all the things and all the people you take for granted. Make another list that describes how you plan not to take these people and things for granted during 2011.
8. Do you consider yourself to be a finished product or a work-in-progress? If you're a work-in-progress, what specifically are you working on and what's your timetable for getting it done. Procrastination kills more good intentions than anything else.
9. Life is filled with "If onlys" and "It might have beens." What are you doing or what are you not doing today that someday may become a huge regret for you? You'll live a fuller life when you pursue your goals today before they turn into regrets tomorrow.
10. Stop and think for a moment. Can you think of a special person who had a big and positive impact on your life? Call them before it's too late and personally thank them. You'll feel good and they'll feel even better.
11. These are the best of times, if you allow yourself to think positively and creatively. Life will never be easy, it wasn't meant to be. Give thanks for what you have and convert everything you're dreaming about into written goals with completion dates. People who passionately reach for their goals with a sense of urgency - usually achieve them.
12. Write down everyday... What have I learned today? What have I improved today? What have I enjoyed today?
There's a time to reflect and a time to act.
This is a good time to reflect.
Now that we are two weeks into the new year you have another 50 weeks to act. Make this the week that changes your life direction.
Thank all of you for your patronage.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc