The Skinny on Smaller Portions
10 tips on getting that beach bound body
Spring is almost here... No really it is. Now is the time to start getting that body ready for the beach. Turn on the TV and your senses will be flooded with the latest weight loss gimmicks.I am here to tell you that most of them will only result in you losing weight in your wallet and not from your belly or butt. There are some very basic rules to weight loss; watch what you eat and exercise more. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, these are the facts. No powder, pill or potion will give you the long lasting healthy results you are looking for.
Here a few tips to get you on track for portion control and exercise. Follow these religiously and in the next few months you will be have a skinny or at least skinnier person looking back at you from the mirror.
- Eat less more often – Graze all day rather than having your 3 squares. This will jump start your metabolism and keep your blood sugar and hormones on a more even plain.
- Know when to say when – If you can fit it in the palm of your hand it is a good portion size. Anything bigger is too much. Cutting down the size of your portions is paramount. Overindulgence is what gets you fat. So, stop it. You can have many portions throughout the day, just spread them out. This is a process of changing eating habits. Stop eating just before you feel full. Give your body time to catch up. If you stop just before you’re full you will notice 15 minutes after you step away from the table you will feel fuller.
- Buddy up. Find a friend or family member to share your experiences with. Change is not easy and it always helps to have a shoulder to cry on when you slip up or the scale is not where you want it to me.
- Make at least 40% of your caloric intake lean proteins. But, remember to keep your portions down. Lean proteins make your body work and they help to keep blood sugar levels stable. Make sure you cut all the fat and skin of. All of it!
- Hydrate like you live in the desert. I really can't emphasize enough how important it is to increase your water intake as you increase your proteins. Your liver and kidneys will thank you. Plus the added water will help you lose the weight much faster. What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder. Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes or unsweetened cranberry juice for lemons if you get bored.
- I am sure it goes without saying but, stop eating sugar. Sugar is basically empty calories and will make you fat. It also will put your blood sugar level on a roller coaster as well as hormones like Cortisol and you don’t want this because it will slow your metabolism. You get enough sugar from vegetables and fruits.
- Eating like a cow will make you look like a cow. Only baby cows should be consuming massive amounts of dairy. Dairy has a lot of fat and if it is fat reduced it contains a lot of sugar and carbs. Cut your dairy down to a cup per day less if you can.
- Avoid the "3 P's" - weight loss pills, powders, and potions! There are no quick fixes. If you pursue diet and health with bravery, discipline and consistency weight loss will happen.
- Get moving! Do some type of aerobic exercise i.e. walking, jogging, swimming, stationary cycling, aerobic dancing, etc. on a daily basis and preferably do it in the morning. At first try to average 30 minutes per day. However, if some days you can only do 15 minutes, that's still much better than doing nothing at all. But, as a rule of thumb do something daily.
Muscles burns more calories than fat so, tone your muscles with weight training three days per week. When I say weight training this can be as simple as working out with a couple of 5 lb. dumbbells. Toned muscles can really boost your metabolism and cause you to burn more calories 24 hours a day and yes, even while you're sleeping you'll be burning more calories.
- Sleep it off. Stress and lack of sleep can be one of the biggest obstacles in the way of weight loss. Force yourself to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Integrate meditation, massage, long walks, deep breathing exercises, Yoga or Tai Chi, into your life.
As the great sages say, I think you have been given the message now the rest is up to you. If you plan your work and work your plan you will lose weight and enjoy the health benefits that be thinner provides you with. If I can do it anybody can. Get started right now. Don’t put it off. Good luck.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Join us on Facebook for even more tasty low sugar recipes! If you do join us we will give you 20% off our entire product line. This includes wholesale pricing as well.
Low Sugar, Low Glycemic Spicy Sweet Mixed Nuts (Vegan)
Ala Low Carb, Low Glycemic, Diabetic safe, no added sugar, made with stevia
Carbs Per Serving: 1.6 g
Prep Time:<25 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nothing satisfies hunger like walnuts, pecans and almonds. They are totally delicious and nutritious. Nuts a great source of plant based protein which makes them ideal for vegans and omnivores alike. They are high in fiber, antioxidants and full of monounsaturated, polyunsaturated fats and Omega 6. These are the good fats that help lower cholesterol.
Savory, sweet and spicy, these nuts are simply sensational. You will not be able to stop popping them in your mouth. This is a quick and super easy recipe that is low in sugar, low glycemic and safe for diabetics.
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup shelled walnuts
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup almonds
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 tablespoon water
1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Dash Tabasco sauce
Note: Feel free to mix it up with peanuts, cashews, pistachios or whatever nuts you prefer.
In a small bowl, combine the salt and spices; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add all the nuts; cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
Sprinkle with spice mixture. Add the molasses, Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a dash Steviva Brand Stevia Powder, water, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until everything is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Join us on Facebook for even more tasty low sugar recipes!
If you do join us we will give you 20% off our entire product line. This includes wholesale pricing as well.
Try All Natural Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
Not Sure Which Product is Right For You?
Try All Three and The Shipping is*FREE!
SAVE OVER $20.00 with the Steviva Brands Sampler! To get you acquainted with our products we are offering 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3ounces / 37 grams by weight) Steviva Brands 100% Pure Stevia Powder, 1 lb Bag of delicious Fructevia for cooking and baking and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $62.35 Value for only $40.85! Plus use the following discount code/coupon when ordering and we will give you an instant 10% off of your next order. Please enter the following code when ordering: STEVIVA10. Go to http://www.steviva.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl and enter discount code STEVIVA10 when checking out.
*does not apply to international orders
For More Low Carb and Sugar*Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!