|December 19th, 2004|
I hope our newsletter finds you well. We now reach over 500,000 like minded individuals.
Something interesting happened to fast food giant McDonald's this week in Hong Kong. They were was fined HK$7,000 (US$897) for selling a condiment that contained a stevia which ironically is considered a banned sweetener in Hong Kong.
Officials found that the restaurant chain's Honey BBQ powder --- to be eaten with French fries --- contained stevioside. McDonald's pleaded guilty in court to selling the product in its Hong Kong restaurants and was fined HK$7,000. However, McDonald's Hong Kong office said in a statement that there was no conclusive evidence showing stevioside harms people's health.
Good or bad... this is an interesting perspective and definite food for thought. The sugar and chemical industries are very powerful and have influential lobbyist. But, we have public consensuses behind stevia and millions of consumers that use stevia on a daily basis instead if processed sugar and chemical sweeteners.
Give the gift of good health the Holidays are upon us and you can still get your orders sent before Christmas at our new lower price for All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend ONLY $14.95! That's $2.00 (nearly 15%) off our regular low price and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder ! So... get cooking for the holidays!
Thank you for your patronage.
an excellent week.
To Go Forward
Through On Your Vision
To Your Principles
Your Comfort Zone
Attack of Alexander The Great
First, set big goals for yourself and force yourself out of the comfort zone by acting boldly - even when there is no guarantee of success. Go boldly where no one has ever gone before.
Second, resolve to act quickly and decisively when you are confronted with a difficult or dangerous situation. Dare to go forward. Practice audacity in all things. Acting with courage builds your courage and confidence higher and higher.
If I had to pick a single factor that I thought was most important in a successful exercise or weight loss program, it would be to exercise first thing in the morning - every morning! Some mornings, you may just be able to fit in a 10 minute walk, but it's important to try to do something every morning.
So why mornings?...
1. Over 90% of people who exercise consistently, exercise in the morning. If you want to exercise consistently, odds are in your favor if you exercise first thing in the morning.
2. When you exercise early in the morning, it "jump starts" your metabolism and keeps it elevated for hours, sometimes up to 24 hours! That means you're burning more calories all day long just because you exercised in the morning!
3. When you exercise in the morning you'll be energized for the day! Personally, I feel dramatically different on days when I have and haven't exercised in the morning.
4. Many people find that morning exercise "regulates" their appetite for the day - that they aren't as hungry and that they make better food choices. Several people have told me that it puts them in a "healthy mindset."
5. If you exercise at about the same time every morning, and ideally wake-up at about the same time on a regular basis, your body's endocrine system and circadian rhythms adjust to that. Physiologically, some wonderful things begin to happen; A couple of hours before you awaken, your body begins to prepare for waking and exercise because it "knows" it's about to happen. Why? Because it "knows" you do the same thing just about everyday. You benefit from that in several ways.
6. For many people, that appointed time every morning becomes something they look forward to. It's time they've set aside to do something good for themselves - to take care of their body, mind, and soul. Many find that it's a great time to think clearly, pray, plan their day, or just relax mentally.
7. Research has demonstrated that exercise increases mental acuity. On average it lasts four to ten hours after exercise! No sense in wasting that brain power while you're sleeping.
8. Exercise first thing in the morning is really the only way to assure that something else won't crowd exercise out of your schedule. When your days get hectic, exercise usually takes a back seat!
9. If finding time to exercise is difficult, anyone can get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier to exercise (if it's a priority in your life). If necessary, you can go to sleep a little earlier. Also, research has demonstrated that people who exercise on a regular basis have a higher quality of sleep and thus require less sleep!
10. You'll feel GREAT! DO IT! :)
Keeping yourself hydrated while working out will make it even more effective. Don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder. Now, starting working out.
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, offers free, unique, weight loss and fitness articles and his "Fast and Healthy Weight Loss" Newsletter at his site. http://www.Landry.com
copyright 2004 by Greg Landry, M.S
"Thinking about interior peace destroys interior peace. The patient who constantly feels his pulse is not getting any better."
-- Hubert van Zeller
Are you trying too hard to be good, to be perfect, to be spiritual?
‘Trying too hard’ is an expression of fear. If you can replace the fear with faith that everything always serves our highest good, your confidence and peace of mind will serve your aspirations.
"So many people work so hard, to achieve, attain, accumulate and cherish their fortunes. How many of us blissfully fill our days and nights being the Divine expression we are? This is the meaning of life. It is to be. As a result, all of your creations are a natural outflow from the Divine within your being. This is the joy of life."
-- Barbara Rose
Make sure that you strain this before drinking. You can adjust the spices to taste, and include other spices, such as anise, cardamom, and lemon or orange zest.
For More Great All Natural Sugar Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!