If you are unable to view this newsletter go to: http://www.steviva.com/archive/lowcarb060105.htm
|June 1 , 2005|
Lose Those Love Handles
Not just unattractive, carrying weight around your abdomen is bad for your health too.
The last place you want fat hanging around is on your waist. Love handles are not just unattractive, but carrying weight around your abdomen is bad for your health. It’s worse than carrying weight on your hips or thighs. Excess fat around the waist, or an apple body shape, is suggestive of insulin resistance, a condition that is linked to the development of heart disease and diabetes. It is also indicative of an imbalance in cortisol levels. Cortisol is a stress hormone, which, if chronically high, can result in increased deposition of fat around the abdomen. To further complicate the situation, feeling stressed out or depressed may worsen the problem.
Ways To Lose Those Love Handles
2. Take essential fatty acids in the form of fish oils. These are great for reducing cholesterol, body fat and inflammation. It seems that omega-3 oils ([EPA/DHA) mixed with GLA (gamma linoleic acid) boost fat loss through increased heat production (thermo genesis) and increase the ability to maintain weight loss.
3. Cut sugars completely from your diet and low glycemic carbohydrates to keep insulin levels low. Low insulin levels are favorable for fat loss. If you are going to eat sugar make sure that it comes from a natural source, such as fruits or Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder in place of sugar. Don’t eat fruits alone; pair it with a protein, which slows down the absorption of sugar into the blood stream and prevents it from becoming fat right away.
4. Take conjugated linoleic acid [CLA]. CLA is one of the few supplements that has actually been proven to stimulate loss of fat and increase lean muscle mass. This is not a supplement that works right away so commit to taking it religiously for at least three months. Typical dosage is 1500 mg twice a day.
5. Keep stress levels manageable. Elevated levels of stress hormone can have a negative effect on body composition by increasing the breakdown of muscle mass and increasing the deposition of fat around the abdomen. Meditation and breathing exercises also help to combat stress.
6. Use an exercise plan that incorporates both cardiovascular exercises and strength training. Cardiovascular exercises should be performed before breakfast or after dinner. Before breakfast your body has been fasting, taking in no additional energy on which to run. By exercising before breakfast, the body utilizes its stored fat, and metabolism is increased by 30 per cent for four to six hours after a 45-minute session. After dinner, the exercise burns off sugars and starches you have consumed during the day thereby forcing the body to access fat stores for energy while you sleep. But don’t overdue cardio exercises as it can damage the muscle fibre that you are working so hard to build and maintain. Do your weight training first, followed by your cardio if you are doing both on the same day. This will ensure that your strength is at a maximum for lifting and you will continue to burn fat during your cardio session.
Strength train on a consistent basis. Weight training increases lean muscle mass, which increases resting metabolism. You should work on strengthening your legs, abdomen and your lower back.
Legs are home to the largest muscle groups in your body, so by strengthening them, you are maximizing your ability to burn calories and build lean muscle mass, which increases your metabolism. Even though you cannot whittle away the fat around your belly by doing crunches, when the fat begins to retreat, the tight toned muscles you have been working on will become visible and will help to pull in a sagging belly. Lower back is also very important as strong abdominals require a strong back to counterbalance them; otherwise the pull of the abs on the lower back can cause strain. Also strengthening the lower back tightens a muscle known as the erector spinal which reduces the appearance of love handles.
If any of you have a web site that you would like to promote Steviva Brand products on, we have a great affiliate program that will pay you a 15% commission on every sale. Please sign up here. We have affiliates making thousands per month. Why not join?
If you have questions about our products we highly recommend going to our Frequently Asked Questions pages or searching our resource center. Our resource center contains hundreds of links to a variety of sites that contain information regarding stevia, low carb, health and more. Check it out!
Have you missed out on one of our newsletter? Please go to our Newsletter Archives and you can read all our past issues.
Mince the apricots into very small pieces and set aside.
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks and place each in the bowl with the cream. Lay the whites on the serving platter and set them aside.
Mash the yolks and cream mixtures together with a fork or place in a food processor until evenly mixed. Mix in the minced apricots.
Fill each egg white with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle lightly with additional paprika. For a colorful presentation, top each egg with a very thin sliver of dried apricot.
Two Complete Programs Atkins and South Beach - Our Gift To You!
Overcoming the boredom and lack of variety is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face in a diet. Well, that is about to change. With this Complete Atkins and South Beach Diet Program, your variety will be vastly improved. You can set up your meals weeks in advance, or you can plan around whatever your local grocery chain happens to have on sale that week, saving you thousands each year on your grocery bill.
Free with any Steviva Brands purchase, you will receive, The Atkins Diet Plan, The Atkins CARB COUNTER and Over 1000+ great recipes. Plus the 4 week South Beach E-Plan, Over 1000+ South Beach Recipes, Glycemic Counter, to keep track of your sugar intake, Substitution Food List & South Beach Shopping List, Helpful Tips and Hints to the South Beach Diet. All Free with any Steviva.com purchase!
All of our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with any of our products, send them back for a full refund.
These plans will ALLOW you to eat almost everything you enjoy and will re-introduce you to foods you used to think were not allowed.
For More Low Carb and Sugar Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!