If you are unable to view this newsletter go to: http://www.steviva.com/archive/mbs020506.htm
Get A Good Start on The Day
There is no question that having an excellent day starts with a great breakfast. I know I start my best day with a hardy breakfast. Here is a a small sampling of what how I start my day the the Low Glycemic way.
1. Steel-cut oats and raisins with nonfat milk Whole-grain breakfast cereals, like whole oats, contain protein and fiber and stay with you throughout the morning. Although raisins have a high-glycemic index, their glycemic load is low, because in the proper portion size (2 tablespoons) it fits into your healthy diet.
2. Crunchy yogurt parfait You’ll love this layered parfait of protein powder-fortified nonfat yogurt, wheat germ, chopped walnuts and blueberries.
3. Cottage-cheese berry delight Low-fat cottage cheese is a good source of protein and goes well with any berry that’s seasonal.
4. Southwestern omelet, whole-wheat toast and grapefruit Use egg substitute or two egg whites and one yolk; saute in a nonstick pan with diced onions, and green and red peppers. Add a quarter-teaspoon of chili powder, then add eggs and cook until set. Serve topped with a tablespoon of salsa. Round out this meal with whole-wheat toast and half a grapefruit.
5. Cheese-and-tomato sandwich with avocado Enjoy with whole-grain bread and low-fat cheese of choice (I like low fat provolone). A quarter-cup of mashed avocado provides healthy monounsaturated fat that’s quite satisfying and tasty.
6. Eggless egg sandwich Enjoy this sandwich for breakfast or lunch. It’s made with firm tofu, egg-free mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and garlic to taste. Serve on a whole-grain English muffin with cantaloupe.
7. Mexican cottage cheese Toast a sourdough or whole-wheat English muffin and top with 1 percent or fat-free cottage cheese and salsa. Serve with a cup of cantaloupe.
8. Berry Nutty Yogurt Parfait Another easy-to-love parfait that incorporates seasonal berries with a sprinkle of nuts and wheat germ. This combo works well together to achieve stable blood glucose and sustains you throughout the morning.
9. Vegetarian pita pocket Quickly sauté onions, mushrooms, green pepper and diced firm tofu in a nonstick pan. Add a couple of teaspoons of tomato sauce, season with onion and garlic powder, and serve in a whole-wheat mini pita pocket.
10. Cold (low GI) cereal with milk or dairy substitute and fruit Choose a cereal with at least 10 grams of fiber per serving — one that’s low in sugar. Good choices include Kashi GoLean, Fiber One or All Bran. Add 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds, your choice of 1% or nonfat milk or unsweetened soy or rice milk, and one cup of high-fiber berries.
Your chances of success are directly proportional
to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
It's better to be a failure in something you love,
than attempting to be a success in something you don't.
The more you love what you are doing, the more successful it will be for you.
Max has written 425 articles, five books and has produced six audio programs on Internet relationship building, target marketing and personal motivation. His articles have been posted on over 65 web sites and in 11 publications. He's a contributing writer to many industry publications, a popular faculty member on most of the online Internet training platforms, and has been a guest speaker on numerous radio shows. Click here to order Max's Internet Power Pack.
Eating a salad or a cup of soup before your meal can be a habit that pays off in pounds. Chosen correctly, these low calorie starters can fill you up, curb your appetite, and prevent overeating.
Choose a broth or vegetable-based soup like minestrone rather than a cream or milk-based soup that is higher fat and calories. When your soup is packed with vegetables, it will fill you up and provide the fiber and nutrition you need to be slim and healthy. If you're using a ready-made soup, you can add more vegetables -- fresh or frozen.
Top your salad with low calorie dressing. Or even better, use vinegar (try balsamic, rice, and flavored varieties) or a squeeze of fresh lemon to add flavor with minimal calories. A classic leaf lettuce salad will do, but the greater the mix of vegetables the more interesting and healthy it will be. Try adding broccoli slaw, sliced cucumbers, onions... even skipping the lettuce. Be adventurous!
However you construct your soup or salad, it's important that it's tasty, low in calories, and enjoyed before your meal. Or better yet, make it a little bigger and make it your meal!
"To do great work a man must be very idle as well as very industrious."
-- Samuel Butler
Many of us have been taught to believe that we are valued for what we do, not just for who we are. ‘Doing’ is important, but to keep life in balance, we also need time to just ‘be.’
Henry David Thoreau expressed this so well in Walden Pond:
"There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the bloom of the present moment to any work, whether of the head or hand.
"Sometimes, on a summer morning, I sat in my sunny doorway from sunrise till noon, rapt in a revery, amidst the pines and hickories and sumacs, in undisturbed solitude and stillness, while the birds sang around or flitted noiseless through the house, until by the sun falling in at my west window, or the noise of some traveller's wagon on the distant highway, I was reminded of the lapse of time.
"I grew in those seasons like corn in the night, and they were far better than any work of the hands would have been."
The sauce recipe for these ribs is also tasty on grilled chicken!
About 3 hours before serving:
If baking the ribs:
If grilling the ribs:
Remove from the heat; cut into smaller portions (about 3 ribs each) and serve.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
For More Great All Natural Sugar Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!