Make Mine Oatmeal
starting your morning with a low glycemic oatmeal will rock your day
It is no secret that boosting metabolism is a good thing. Metaphorically, it is similar to saving money, quitting smoking, working out, etc. The only difference is... it is much easier! There are certain foods that are capable of pumping up your metabolism, and all you really have to do is substitute them for some of the less healthy foods that you consume.
Oatmeal is famous for breaking down very slowly in the stomach, which is good, because this causes less of a spike in insulin. Production of insulin triggers storage of fat, which in order to take place, sends signals to the body to slow down your metabolism. As we can see, the rate of your metabolism is directly related to the production of insulin, and as a rule, products with a low glycemic index result in lower insulin levels.
If your still not convinced here are a few more reason to include oatmeal in your morning routine.
1. Over 40 studies show that eating oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. The soluble fiber in oatmeal absorbs a considerable amount of water which significantly slows down your digestive process. This results is that you'll feel full longer, i.e. oatmeal can help you control your weight.
3. You probably already have oats in your kitchen. It's estimated that eighty percent of U.S. households currently have oats in their cupboards.
4. New research suggests that eating oatmeal may reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes. In fact, the American Diabetes Association already recommends that people with diabetes eat grains like oats. The soluble fiber these foods help to control blood glucose levels.
5. Most oats found in your grocery store are 100% natural. If you look at the ingredients on a canister of rolled oats, you will usually see only one ingredient.. rolled oats.
6. According to recent studies, a diet that includes oatmeal may help reduce high blood pressure. The reduction is linked to the increase in soluble fiber provided by oatmeal. Oats contain more soluble fiber than whole wheat, rice or corn.
7. Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.
8. The fiber and other nutrients found in oatmeal may actually reduce the risk for certain cancers.
9. Oatmeal is quick and convenient. Quick oats can usually be made in less than 10 minutes. And what about instant oatmeal… a hot breakfast in under a minute.. incredible!
10. Oatmeal can be absolutely delicious! Whether instant, cooked on the stove or baked in the oven, the combination of flavors you can fit into a serving of oatmeal is limited only by the imagination.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Low Glycemic Sugar Free All Natural Baked Cranberry Oatmeal
Carbs Per Serving: 6.8 g
Prep Time:<45 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
3 cups of milk
1 tablespoons of molasses
6 tablespoons of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a tiny dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 and 1/2 cups finely chopped apples
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, pecans or even peanuts
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Coat square pan (9 inch) with nonstick spray.
In a large saucepan, bring the milk, molasses, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend , margarine, and cinnamon to a boil.
Concurrently, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, chopped apple, cranberries, and nuts; spread evenly into the prepared pan.
When the milk mixture begins to boil, pour out evenly over the oatmeal mixture.
Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the oatmeal is tender.
Cut the mixture into 6 servings, scooping each out into a cereal bowl.
Garnish with a sliced apple (if desired).
Serving Size: 1 cup
Total Calories: 1010
Calories Per Serving: 168.3
Total Fat: 9.2g
Saturated Fat: 1.8g
Total Carbohydrates: 98g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 16.3g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
Two Complete Programs Atkins and South Beach - Our Gift To You!
Overcoming the boredom and lack of variety is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face in a diet. Well, that is about to change. With this Complete Atkins and South Beach Diet Program, your variety will be vastly improved. You can set up your meals weeks in advance, or you can plan around whatever your local grocery chain happens to have on sale that week, saving you thousands each year on your grocery bill.
Free with any Steviva Brands purchase, you will receive, The Atkins Diet Plan, The Atkins CARB COUNTER and Over 1000+ great recipes. Plus the 4 week South Beach E-Plan, Over 1000+ South Beach Recipes, Glycemic Counter, to keep track of your sugar intake, Substitution Food List & South Beach Shopping List, Helpful Tips and Hints to the South Beach Diet. All Free with any Steviva.com purchase!
All of our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with any of our products, send them back for a full refund.
These plans will ALLOW you to eat almost everything you enjoy and will re-introduce you to foods you used to think were not allowed.
The greatest part of this offer is that it will cost you nothing. It is our gift to you for your purchase of any Steviva Brand Product!
For More Low Carb and Sugar Free Recipes Go To Steviva Recipes!