Weathering the Crap Storm
maintaining a positive attitude during stressful moments
The hallmark of the mature, fully functioning, self-actualized personality is the ability to be cool, calm and collected when caught up in the inevitable crap storms daily life delivers. The grounded person has the ability to continue talking to himself in a positive and optimistic way, keeping his mind calm, clear and completely under control. The mature personality is more relaxed and aware and capable of interpreting events more realistically and less emotionally than is the immature personality. As a result, the mature person exerts a far greater sense of control and influence over his environment, and is far less likely to be angry, upset, or distracted.
Here's a few tips that will help you weather the storm:
1.) Look upon the inevitable setbacks that you face as being temporary, specific and external.
2.) View the negative situation as a single event that is not connected to other potential events and that is caused largely by external factors over which you can have little control.
3.) Simply refuse to see the event as being in any way permanent, pervasive or indicative of personal incompetence of inability.
Resolve to think like an optimist, no matter what happens. You may not be able to control events but you can control the way you react to them.
The Holiday weight gain is a temporary set back. Take the first step by eliminating processes sugar from you diet and replacing it with All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend ONLY $14.95! That's $2.00 (nearly 15%) off our regular low price and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder ! So... let's start losing some weight!
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Concentrate and the Doors to Success Will Open
The first law of success is concentration.
Bend all your energies to one point,
and go directly to that point,
looking neither to the right nor the left.
By focusing your efforts to a single point,
you'll always achieve the greatest results.
If you concentrate your efforts on a few major goals,
your efficiency will soar, your projects will be completed,
and you'll be going somewhere.
Focus totally on the business at hand
and command yourself to do exactly what you want to do.
If you focus the full power of all you are
on what you have a burning desire to achieve,
you'll attain success.
How Much Water Do You Really Need?
If you’re confused about how much water you really need, I’m not surprised. Conflicting advice in recent headlines appears to contradict the old "8-a-day" advice we all grew up with. Is it necessary to chug down eight glasses of water daily, or is this recommendation exaggerated and out of date?
We’ve heard for years that eight glasses of water daily is the minimum necessary to keep healthy. Your weight loss and health depend on it. Drink the minimum and see clearer skin, better sleep, better sex , improved vision. We’re warned of impending dehydration without at least eight glasses. But, the tide has turned, away from liquid nutrition toward examining your daily diet, including what you eat, as well as what you drink.
Here are my best tips for staying hydrated:
1. How much water you need depends upon your weight, your activity and your climate. If it’s hot, and you’re exercising, you’ll surely need more water than when you’re sitting at a computer all day.
2. Fresh fruits and vegetables add fluid to your diet. You’re going to benefit from the water in these foods. Lettuce is 97 to 98 percent water; and so is watermelon. Other good "fluid sources" include carrots, (88 percent water), fresh tomatoes (93 percent water), and fresh celery (94 percent water).
3. Since cooking vegetables decreases the fluid content, eat a big, fresh salad every day, and at least two servings each of fruit and other vegetables.
4. With age, we need more water, because we become less sensitive to body losses and our sense of thirst diminishes.
5. Clinical evidence shows that people with a history of kidney stones can lower their risk for reoccurrence by increasing their fluid intake.
6. Drink more water if you're exercising and perspiring a good amount, especially in a dry climate.
7. Water is the best fluid you can drink. It has no calories, additives or preservatives. I drink tap water because my municipal water company produces a high quality product at an inexpensive price. In fact, regulations on tap water are more stringent than bottled water and the average bottle of water costs more than a gallon of gas or milk, sometimes 500-1000 times more.
8. In terms of weight loss, drinking water will not cause you to lose weight, but use water as a strategy or tool to help when you’re on a program to lose weight. Drinking water between meals can help curb your appetite.. and so will snacking on water-filled fresh vegetables and fruit.
9. To prevent dehydration, follow these recommendations from the American Water Works Association:
- Drink water BEFORE, DURING and AFTER exercise
- Drink water every 20 minutes or so when engaged in strenuous physical activity
- Do NOT take salt tablets
- Stop working out at the first sign of dizziness, lightheadedness, or fatigue
Keep yourself hydrated! Don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
Nothing Needs To Be Fixed
"Tolerance does not . . . do anything, embrace anyone, champion any issue. It wipes the notes off the score of life and replaces them with one long bar of rest. It does not attack error, it does not champion truth, it does not hate evil, it does not love good."
-- Walter Farrell
As we understand it, the spiritual journey is not about becoming perfect. It’s about acceptance, releasing judgment, and embracing everything in wholeness.
This is a great challenge for our personality. We’ve grown up comparing ourselves to others, always judging how we’re better and worse than those around us. And many of us are very good at finding fault with ourselves.
If we release judgment, then nothing needs to be fixed -- including you. Explore inviting your soul to help you accept all that is and experience a whole new way of living.
"Wherever you are is always the right place. There is never a need to fix anything, to hitch up the bootstraps of the soul and start at some higher place. Start right where you are."
-- Julia Cameron
All Natural Sugar Free Tropical Raspberry Smoothie
Carbs Per Serving: 6.4 g
Prep Time:<5 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Start your morning off with one of these and you will have a day like you haven't had in a long time. Make a habit out of it. Coconut milk adds an exotic twist to this refreshing morning shake. Be sure not to confuse sweetened “cream of coconut” with unsweetened coconut milk.
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
4 ounces (1/2 cup) silken tofu
1/2 cup fresh raspberries or berries of choice, plus more for garnish
1 scoop protein powder
2 tb sp Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a very small dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 to 2 drops coconut extract, to taste
3-5 ice cubes
1. Combine coconut milk, tofu, 1/2 cup raspberries, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or a very small dash of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder and coconut extract in a blender; blend until smooth. (If you want to remove the seeds, you can strain the mixture through a sieve, then return it to the blender).
2. With the machine running, add the ice cubes, one at a time, and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass, and garnish with whipped cream and raspberries, if desired. Serve immediately.
Total Calories: 819
Calories Per Serving: 204.75
Total Fat: 62.8g
Saturated Fat: 52.3g
Total Carbohydrates: 50g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 12.5g
Dietary Fiber: 9.3g
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!