Americans - The Beautiful
I have traveled the world quite a bit and have seen Americans passing through foreign customs actually apologizing for being Americans when displaying their passports. This simply breaks my heart. Americans are the most open, friendly, generous, fun loving, optimistic and courageous people on the planet. Unfortunately most of the world sees us much differently.
Who could blame people from other cultures for seeing Americans as evil when they are fed a daily dose of propaganda? And of course we Americans are to blame somewhat for this as well since what goes out to the world abroad is a steady stream of violence, immorality, materialism and green house gases.
If somebody visited from another planet what they would see at first glance is a society that consumes more that the rest of the world, pollutes more than any other country and has held in high regard, a repeated child molester (Michael Jackson), set free two celebrity murderers (O.J. Simpson/Robert Blake), who’s most popular TV show humiliates and berates its participants (American Idol) and has supported several violent dictators and rouge leaders worldwide. But, this isn’t who most of us are. And we Americans should understand that this is not what we represent but who unfortunately represents us.
American is truly the land of opportunity. My sister was telling me about a trip to New Zealand she was on recently. There were travelers from every culture and country there. One of the Kiwis who were running the trip commented on Americans. He said “You Americans… you think anything is possible.” That is what inspired me to write this. Americans do see the possibility in all things. We turn lemons to lemonade and drink it in a glass that is always half full. And this is why America is the best place on the face of the planet. America is such an amazing place that we have to protect our borders because the rest of the world wants to partake in the freedoms we Americans enjoy on a daily basis. This is not a new thing. This past summer while I was on business in New York I had a few hours to kill and I went on a ferry ride to Ellis Island. Like 92% of all American’s my family can trace their history to this small manmade island outside of the towering skyline of beautiful Manhattan. I read some of the journal entries of these immigrants and I was truly moved by the hope and enthusiasm they had for moving to “The New World”. This has not changed. When I am abroad there is always a litany of people I meet who would love to move to America and assimilate into our society.
In the past decade Americans have seen a deadly attack on their soil, American soldiers lost in Afghanistan and Iraq, repeated political and corporate scandals and media created hysteria. This has polarized us as a people, dividing us into right and left, conservative and liberal, democrat and republican. But, this can stop. We can make a change and chart a new course because we are American’s darn it and for us anything is possible. And the world knows this.
I for one see change on the horizon. I see lemons being made into lemonade, glasses being half full and I see our darkest hours just before dawn. We are after all one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. Spread the word.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc
You must first expect to succeed if you want to succeed.
When you expect good things to happen,
strangely enough, they will happen.
Expectation energizes your goals and gives them momentum.
Your life will always respond to your outlook, so set your goals high.
The dreams you choose to believe in will come to be.
You can't expect to succeed beyond your wildest expectations
unless you begin with some pretty wild expectations.
Tips To Stay on Track With Fitness
A lot of people would like to get more exercise than they do, make smarter choices about what they eat and be more like the fit people they envy.
Unfortunately, many of those people find that while it's easy to start an exercise program or a new diet, it's just as easy to quit. The people who are most likely to stick with their fitness plan long enough to achieve those goals, experts say, are those who learn to make exercise and proper nutrition a regular part of their daily lives.
First, remember that every little bit helps. Then follow some of these 25 simple tips from exercise experts, dietitians and motivational experts to get your healthier lifestyle started or back on track.
1. Be reasonable. Set some measurable, attainable goal. If you haven't been active for a while, start a short-term goal, such as 15 minutes of exercise two or three days a week, and build from there, he said.
2. Get a new attitude. You have to first change your mind set about the way you think about the quality of your life. People who live in denial about their activity levels and weight are likely to keep packing on the extra pounds.
3. Keep moving. It can be any kind of activity, anything that you enjoy. A little bit goes a long way.
4. Make daily activities count. The idea is to get more movement into your life. That can include things that we don't typically regard as "exercise," such as pacing while you talk on the phone or doing leg lifts while the coffee is brewing.
5. Pound the pavement. Walking is a great exercise that you can do anytime. Walk for a few minutes in the morning, take the stairs instead of the elevator or walk to the store instead of driving.
6. Make time for exercise. Set your alarm clock back 30 minutes in the morning and use the time to exercise. Or make an appointment in your calendar to work out and respect it as you would any other commitment.
7. Be prepared. Lay out your exercise clothes at night so you don't have to hunt for them in the morning.
8. Do your research. If you're thinking of joining a health club, consider it as you would any long-term relationship. You want to make sure that you pay your dues to a gym that you like. If you chose one that you don't like, you'll be one of the many people who drop out and pay dues for two years.
9. Easy does it. People who want to see quick results from exercise may be tempted to overdo it, Reed said. It's important to adopt a gradual approach to allow your body to adjust to exercise.
10. Do what's comfortable for you. If you hate to be on a treadmill, you're not going to do it for more than a month or two. If you don't like to do weights, you can't set up a program and expect to stick with it.
11. Try something new. If you get bored with your current workout, try a class that you've never taken or buy a new workout video.
12. Get support. Find an exercise buddy or consider hiring a personal trainer to help you stay motivated.
13. Keep an exercise journal. Write down your activities and your thoughts to help you stay focused and motivated.
14. Don't say diet. People don't stick to diets that restrict a lot and that are very complicated. Instead of dieting you should just eat healthier foods.
15. Clean your pantry. Take out the snacks that are high in sugar and the bad fats. If you don't, you'll think about it and dream about it. That doesn't mean that all snacks must be banished. But, choosing snack foods that are lower in sugar and fat.
16. Don't clean your plate. If you were brought up by parents or grandparents who went through the Depression, that goes against everything you know. But, your heart will thank you and eventually your butt will, too."
17. Eat smaller portions. Try putting your food on a smaller plate. See "The Skinny on Smaller Portions".
18. Brown-bag it. Pack your lunch for work. Cook enough at dinner tonight to take to work tomorrow. The thing about cooking at home is that you can have complete control over the ingredients. If you're looking for something light, you can get a bag of salad from the grocery store, put it in a Tupperware bowl and put tuna on top. You can add a piece of fruit to your bag and some yogurt. It can be as simple as that.
19. Eat some blueberries. They combine more powerful disease-fighting antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable.
20. Eat other colorful foods, too. Ounce for ounce you'll get fewer calories and more vitamins and minerals to protect yourself from disease.
21. Drink up. Sipping water, rather than calorie and carb-laden soft drinks, can quench your thirst and help you feel more full. What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
22. Look on the bright side. Your feelings exert a powerful influence over your physical health. If you believe you are healthy, your health will actually benefit.
23. Make time for quiet time. If you take 10 or 15 minutes just to sort through your thoughts or review your day, you can go out in the world a much calmer person, prepared to make wiser choices.
24. Seize the day. One of the most important things we should do is stay in the present and know that goals have to have a corresponding intention. Most of us are stressed because we're looking into the future all the time. One of the most important things we can do is to not just think about it, but do it."
25. Sleep tight. When people sleep well -- experts recommended seven to eight hours a night -- they awake refreshed and better able to handle the day's challenges, including the challenge of maintaining healthy habits.
Don't Let Debt Break Your Spirit
"Paying off your debts and saving money is less stressful than spending the rest of your life with your back against a financial wall."
-- Ron Hiebert
How are you choosing to spend your money?
Do you have a spending plan? A spending plan feels quite different from a budget. With budgets, we can feel victimized. They can heighten our poverty consciousness.
With a spending plan, you look at how much you earn and then decide how you WANT to spend the money. With a spending plan, you claim your power to decide, to manage, to make your finances work. You can choose to spend your money differently so your life works more smoothly.
"True financial freedom is not only having money, but having power over that money as well."
-- Suze Orman
Sugar Free All Natural Low Carb French Silk Chocolate Pie
(makes 10 servings)
skill level: Easy
1/2 cup butter, softened (not melted)
3/4 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce mixed with 1/8 tsp. of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
2 squares (2 oz) unsweetened baking chocolate (8 gm)
1 tsp. vanilla (3 gm)
2 eggs (1 gm)
Chopped nuts to use for topping, or to mix into pie filling
1 pint heavy cream, whipped with Steviva Brand Stevia Blend -- for topping
Low Glycemic crust recipe of your choice, or finely chopped nuts mixed with melted butter and Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and pressed into pie plate
Cream butter and Steviva Brand Stevia Blend. Melt chocolate and blend into butter/Steviva Brand Stevia Blend mixture when cooled. Stir in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time. With electric mixer, beat 5 minutes after adding each egg (total 10 minutes). This is an important step, so set your timer.
Add nuts if desired. Pour into pre-baked low-carb pie crust (if you are using a crust), or into buttered pie plate without crust.
Chill 1-2 hours minimum. Top with whipped cream if desired, and sprinkle nuts over the top or garnish with fresh berries. Best if chilled overnight.
Total Calories: 1115
Calories Per Serving: 111.5
Total Fat: 99.9g
Saturated Fat: 57.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 53g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 5.3g
Dietary Fiber: 4,8g
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!