Starting Your Day Off on the Right Foot
Most of us will be going to work on Monday morning. For some of us it will be a joy, for others it will feel like we are being sentenced to lock down at the local corporate penitentiary. I have lived both in worlds and I can tell you that the latter in no way to live but only a way to survive.
Regardless of how or where you will be starting your day here are a few suggestions that will without a doubt give you a different perspective on your day.
Even though your situation may not be the greatest you are still alive and breathing and statistically there are at least 5 people in your life that love you so much that they would be willing to sacrifice their life for you. You may not even know who these people are but, they are there.
Give It to the Universe
There are some things that are completely out of our control. As the serenity prayer goes; God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Once you recognize the things you can not change ask the universe to help you with the things you can. And then let the Universe take over.
Create Your Day In Advance
One of my favorite parts of the movie “What the Bleep” were the comments of Dr. Joe Dispenza's on creating his day.
He said “'I'm taking this time to create my day and I'm infecting the quantum field. Now if (it) is in fact the observer's watching me the whole time that I'm doing this and there is a spiritual aspect to myself, then show me a sign today that you paid attention to any one of these things that I created, and bring them in a way that I won't expect, so I'm as surprised at my ability to be able to experience these things. And make it so that I have no doubt that it's come from you,' and so I live my life, in a sense, all day long thinking about being a genius or thinking about being the glory and the power of God or thinking about being unconditional love.
Just that alone has started several days off for me on the right foot.
As you approach the beginning of the week, know you are not alone in this, be thankful, give it to the universe and create your day how you want it to be.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Depend On Miracles
You don't need an explanation for everything.
There are such things as miracles,
events for which there are no ready explanations.
Future knowledge may explain these events quite simply.
Any form of sufficiently advanced technology
can be quite indistinguishable from magic
when it's introduced for the first time.
Seeing, hearing, feeling are all miracles
as well as each part of you.
Seeing is not always believing.
You know much more than you understand.
Have the vision to see invisible things.
Make Time To Exercise In Ten Easy Steps
Life seems increasingly complex these days. There are children and pets to care for, partners who need attention and errands to run. On top of that, the cell phone is ringing, the email is chiming, faxes are flying and taxes are coming due. How is a person supposed to find time to exercise?
The key is to make exercise a priority. In a survey of both active and sedentary adults, both groups had 24 hours a week available for their leisure pursuits. So − there is time to exercise! Workouts of 30 minutes, three times a week, add up to a mere hour and a half out of the possible 168 hours in the week. Remember, when you exercise consistently, you'll have something that's truly beneficial for your heart and your soul. Some tips to help you fit in fitness:
1. Pencil in the time. Plan ahead. Make an appointment with yourself and pencil your workout in your schedule. When exercise time becomes a priority, just like a meeting with your boss, you'll give it the importance that it deserves.
2. Remember the benefits. Most regular exercisers will tell someone who doesn't exercise: "You're just not making it a priority." Actually, the non-regular exerciser may feel that the costs of doing the activity outweigh the benefits. Remind yourself that taking a 30-minute walk before work can increase your energy level throughout the day, increase productivity and boost your mood. Isn't that worth a half-hour less sleep?
3. Be prepared. Lay out your exercise clothes the night before and exercise first thing in the morning.
4. Blend it in. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily activities − do you normally walk the dog? Put on your exercise shoes and pick up the pace a notch. Extend the walk to 20-30 minutes − that's your workout (and your dog will love it.) Other ideas: Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park the car in the far end of the parking lot and walk. Use any way you can to increase your daily activity level. It all adds up!
5. Make family and friends time active time. Enroll in a parent-child swim or gymnastics class; take the kids to the park and make an obstacle course for yourself out of the playground; make a date with your spouse to take short after-dinner strolls; get together with a co-worker for a quick lunch plus some brisk window shopping.
6. Set limits.Don't eat lunch (or play your favorite after-work video game) until you've completed your workout for the day. Linking your workout to a well-established routine will help ensure that your exercise quickly becomes a healthy habit.
7. Hire a coach. A good way to ensure your success as a regular exerciser is to assign someone to be your personal fitness "coach." This person could be your spouse, co-worker, a close friend or a sibling—someone who will understand your weekly fitness goals and who can nix any excuse you come up with for not achieving them. Your coach's duties include checking in with you several times a week to see how you're doing. If you miss a workout, the coach can be understanding, but should insist on a scheduled make-up session.
8. Be ready with Plan B. Expect obstacles and overcome them. When your favorite exercise bike is occupied at the gym, jump onto a treadmill or a rower, or start your weight training and return to the bike later. Think about trying a new piece of equipment to spice up your normal routine. This new skill will make your workout more exciting.
9. Create your own bonuses and incentives. A month of workouts can equal a new outfit, an upgrade in equipment, a massage, a half-hour with a personal trainer, a yoga class, or a fancy pair of cross-trainers.
10. Be forgiving. There is a delicate balance between a firm commitment to exercise and a rigid compulsion about keeping to a pre-determined workout schedule. By developing a flexible, healthy attitude about your exercise program − making it part of your life, not your entire life − your enthusiasm for exercising will always remain high.
Raise Your Awareness
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
-- Albert Einstein
Take awareness to new levels. Explore experiencing yourself in the act of being aware. Be aware of awareness itself. To do this, we need to go beyond our old mechanical patterns, compulsions and rejections. We need to uproot the arrogance of ego.
Higher awareness is conscious of spirit and form working together. We must be conscious and present within before we can tune in to the guidance of our soul. Develop awareness to hear the subtlest whispers of intuition through your thoughts, feelings and sensations.
"Most of us are in touch with our intuition whether we know it or not, but we're usually in the habit of doubting or contradicting it so automatically that we don't even know it has spoken."
-- Shakti Gawain
Sugar Free Chili/Cocktail Sauce
Prep Time:<10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
I have found that finding sauces, relishes and dips that are not loaded with sugar is so tough. I really like shrimp cocktail but, the chili sauce is almost all sugar. Here is a recipe that I tried this week and it turned out quite nice... much better than the sauce you get at the store pre-packaged.
24 ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
3 green peppers
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 onion finely chopped
Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/2 of apple sauce mixed with 1/8 tsp of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
2 cups vinegar
1 tb sp salt
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
Boil together two dozen ripe tomatoes,
1/4 cup prepared horseradish, three small
green peppers or a half teaspoonful of cayenne
pepper, one onion cut fine, half a cup of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/2 of apple sauce mixed with 1/8 tsp of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder.
Boil until thick; then add two cups of vinegar;
then puree, put back on stove and add a
tablespoonful of salt, and a teaspoonful of each
ginger, allspice, cloves and cinnamon; boil all
five minutes, remove and seal in glass bottles.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
Serving Size: 2 tb sp
1 g protein
1 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat)
4.8 g carbohydrate
3.1 g dietary fiber
.5 mg cholesterol
8 mg sodium
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!