Why Loose Tea is Better?
brewing yerba mate or stevia tea for the health of it
If your idea of a good cup of tea starts with plain tea bags from the grocery store, you are likely missing out on truly superior tea.
The main difference between loose teas and bagged teas is the size of the leaves. That's what effects the resulting cup of tea. Tea leaves contain chemicals and essential oils, which are the basis for the delightful flavor of tea. When the tea leaves are broken up, those oils can evaporate, leaving a dull and tasteless tea. Typical tea bags are filled with the tiniest pieces of broken leaves, called fannings. Loose teas are typically whole leaves or at least large pieces of leaves.
On top of the leaf size, there is also the space factor. Tea leaves need space to swell, expand and unfurl. Good water circulation around the leaves is important, which doesn't typically happen in a cramped little tea bag.
Loose Leaf Tea
You can brew a pot of tea (6 cup/1 qt) with just 1 heaped teaspoon of tea. If cream or milk is to be added, double the amount of tea leaves.
To brew loose leaf Yerba Mate or stevia, Place tea leaves in the pot, pour Boiling water at 190 f to fill the pot and cover with the lid. Steep for 3 minutes. And then drink.
Intermittent stirring allows tea leaves to be moving freely, and in constant contact with water to maximize brewing efficiency and extraction. Pour into cups using a fine tea strainer. The use of a ball tea infuser is not recommended because it does not permit free movement of tea leaves within it’s restricted confine.
It also has large holes that will not trap smaller tea particles. What ever brewing method is used, the underlying principle is to have room for the free movement of tea leaves!
Something else I recommend is a French Press (illustrated above). Typically they are used for coffee but they work excellent for tea especially Mate and stevia. You can find them at any coffee store or home accessory store.
Steviva is offering a special on both tea cut organic stevia leaves and organic yerba mate green tea.
Steviva brand organic tea cut stevia leaves are approximately 40 times sweeter than sugar. Stevia leaves can be added to your favorite tea or they can be your favorite tea. We are offering 1 kilo/2.2 lbs for $29.99 our regular price is $39.95. Click here to order as many as you want.
5 lb of Steviva Brand Organic Yerba Mate Green Tea - This stimulating herbal beverage has the unique ability to wake up the mind without the nervousness and jitters associated with coffee. It is amazing and delicious and on sale for $36.90. The regular price is $45.00
Click here to order as many as you want.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
There is Always a Good Side
Everything depends on the way you look at things.
View every problem you encounter as an opportunity.
There is always a good side to every situation.
The optimist sees an opportunity in every misfortune.
The pessimist sees misfortune in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the doughnut, the pessimist sees the hole.
You can develop success from every failure.
Discouragement and failure are two stepping stones to success.
No other elements can do so much for you
if you're willing to study them and make them work for you.
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Mid-Summer Fitness Fix
22 ways to jump start your workout
If lounging poolside and lining up for the barbecue have been your main mid-summer activities, you might need a fitness pick-me-up, to put it lightly. Here are 22 body- and mind-boosters to get your exercise and good eating habits back in gear:
1. Get a massage. Gets blood circulating, moisturizes skin and alleviates stress.
2. Find an exercise buddy. Recruit a friend who will share your drive to exercise and meet up with your buddy and work out together (or send each other daily/weekly updates via e-mail).
3. Don't be a couch potato. While you're channel surfing or before you head out to the beach, do a set of crunches, or leg lifts or work out with a pair of dumb bells.
4. Eat a morning meal. Breakfast wakes you up, and it won't leave you starving or snacking. Recent studies show that people who eat a nutritious low-fat breakfast are better at controlling their weight, have more energy and function more efficiently.
5. Say no to sodas. Almost anything is better for you and won't leave you bloated. Best picks? Water or water with the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder .
6. Get to your exercise facility. Don't even worry about what you're going to do when you get there. Just go! Critical to developing the exercise habit is scheduling your exercise time so it becomes a natural part of your week.
7. Build muscle, burn calories. Include strength training exercise in your regular workout routine, even if you've always been an all-aerobics person. You may not see results right away, but you'll feel those worked muscles and you'll know you've done something good for yourself. For every pound of muscle you build, your metabolism will increase, causing your body to burn more calories. Don't know how to begin? Make an appointment today for beginner strength training instruction!
8. Drink caffeine-free herbal tea instead of coffee. Caffeine dehydrates you and disrupts sleep patterns. Better yet, go for the green tea - research suggests it can help fight heart disease and cancer.
9. Stretch. After your usual warm-up, do 10 minutes of stretching. You'll boost your circulation and flexibility while reducing your risks of exercise-related injury.
10. Steer clear of salty snacks. They're (usually) packed with fat, and can leave you feeling bloated, dehydrated and generally sluggish.
11. Eat more fiber. Keeps you regular and gives you a "full" feeling, which will help you eat less. It's easy, just try adding whole grain breads and cereal, vegetables and beans to your daily diet.
12. Drink 8 glasses of water a day and more water when you're working out. Water keeps your body (and hair and skin) hydrated and healthy. Water works! Carry a water bottle on your run or walk; keep a water jug in the refrigerator; keep a glass on your desk or on the kitchen counter; set an alarm during the day to remind yourself. Just try this healthy habit for a month and see the difference it makes.
13. Want a treat? Do a napkin check. Place the goodie on a napkin for 60 seconds, then pick it up. If it leaves a transparent spot, it's loaded with fat, and you should take a pass.
14. Take the stairs. You'll burn about 6 calories for every flight. (More ways for busy people to fit fitness in.)
15. Skip the scale. Do you really need to weigh yourself? Instead, focus on how your clothes fit and how your body looks and feels.
16. Flatter yourself. Get rid of any unflattering photos of yourself you might have hanging around and make room for ones you like.
17. Ditch the cheese on that sandwich, please. You'll save about 100 calories and 9 grams of fat.
18. Stand up straight. Good posture is essential if you want to make the most of every inch you've got. You'll appear more slender just by standing tall.
19. Catch some zzz's. Adults today are joining the ranks of the sleep-deprived in record numbers, with the average person getting only five or six hours a night. Avoid exercise right before bedtime - it'll rev you up instead of winding you down. Rest your body, and your brain, and give yourself a boost.
20. Enjoy the outdoors. Research shows that being exposed to natural light can make you feel more energetic. So, get out there and take a walk. But, make sure you don't forget the sunscreen.
21. Take time to relax. The more you can unwind from everyday stress, the better you'll feel and the better you'll function. One idea: Set aside a 20-minute "worry period" for each day. Spend that time focused on the challenges that you face now and the challenges that lie ahead. Then, for the balance of your day all 23 hours and 40 minutes you can let those worries go.
22. Cool off. If it's just too hot for you to workout at your normal hour, switch your workout time to the cooler parts of the day - early morning or late evening.
Don't forget to keep yourself hydrated during your work out will make it even more effective. Don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder. Now, starting working out.
Open To Trust
“When I grip the wheel too tight, I find I lose control.”
-- Steve Rapson
WE SEEK TO CONTROL OUR LIVES WHEN WE DO NOT TRUST, WHEN WE DO NOT LOVE. Our ego, perceiving itself to be vulnerable and insecure, uses control in an effort to protect itself.
At the root of our need to control, we find FEAR. It may be fear of the unknown. Fear of not coping. Fear of loss. Or possibly even fear of looking stupid. And as our efforts to control other people and events invariably fail, our fear increases.
Trust, on the other hand, is a quality of the soul. While control is a tool of the mind, TRUST AND FAITH ARE ASPECTS OF THE HEART. Trust comes with the deep knowing that we are spiritual beings in physical bodies. When we trust enough in life to give up our need to control, we can relax and open to the flow of energy in our lives. This brings peace of mind.
"The only real security in life lies in relishing life's insecurity."
-- M. Scott Peck
"Do not abandon trust when your ego thinks things should be different than they are."
-- Wayne Dyer
All Natural Sugar Free Apple and Dried Plum Chutney
Carbs Per Serving: 16 g
Prep Time:<10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
This chutney is loaded with nutritious ingredients and flavors that will enhance any meal. Your friends and family will savor the flavor of the mellow combination of fruits. The chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month, or spooned into hot sterilized canning jars with lids for gift-giving.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons molasses
1 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1 cup of apple sauce with 1/8 teaspoon Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
2 1/2 medium apples or pears, or a combination, peeled, cored, and cubed (about 5 cups)
2 cups pitted dried plums
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large Dutch oven or sauce pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Add the vinegar and water, then stir in the Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1 cup of apple sauce with 1/8 teaspoonSteviva Brand Stevia Powder until well mixed. Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; uncover and cool for 20 minutes.
Spoon into hot sterilized canning jars with lids for gift-giving. (Can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 month. Remove the cinnamon sticks before serving.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
2.3 g protein
0 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat)
16.0 g carbohydrate
7.1 g dietary fiber
3.5 mg cholesterol
110 mg sodium
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!