The Grace of Karma. What Is It and How Does it Effect Me?
“creating good karma is a blessing for all”
Being from California, I think one of the most over used and misunderstood words is Karma. What is Karma? How do I create my Karma? Is Karma good or bad? Am I coming back as a cockroach in my next life? These are all questions that come up anytime the word Karma is mentioned. So what is Karma exactly?
Karma first came into being as a concept in Hinduism. Karma literally means "deed or act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction which governs all life. Karma is not fate, for man acts with free will creating his own destiny.
Most karma comes in two "flavors" - "good" karma, which leads to positive and pleasurable experiences and "bad" karma which leads to suffering. There is also a completely different type of karma that is neither good nor bad, but liberating. This karma allows for the individual to break negative cycles of suffering.
Christian teachings do not usually include the idea of Karma, although some parallels can be made, as exemplified by biblical verses of God is not mocked, what a man sows he must reap and Vengeance is mine says the Lord. It is also worth noting that most interpretations of Christianity do not emphasize the religious importance of thoughts and intentions, that are usually understood to be a major form of Karma by the doctrines that use that concept.
In a recent email I received from Deepak Chopra I was really moved by his interpretation It is as follows:
"Everyone performs millions of actions every day—strictly speaking, every thought is a karma, along with every breath, every bite of food, etc.—so the billiard game in this case has a nearly infinite number of balls. But something unfathomable is at work here: grace. In short, grace adapts itself to each person. We make our choices, some of which are good for us, some bad, and then grace shapes the results."
"You can use the Law of Karma to create peace, love, abundance, affluence, and the flow of all good things to you any time you want. But first, you must become consciously aware that your future is generated by the choices you are making in every moment of your life. And since every decision we make is a choice between a grievance and miracle, we have -within our souls- the ability to dance from miracle to miracle with every choice. Theses threads of individual miracles can be woven into a magical karmic fabric that allows us to sow the seeds of happiness, peace, and compassion throughout our daily interactions with the world. In that process, we can create happiness, peace, and compassion in our lives and in the lives of those we touch. Choose light over darkness, peace over violence, grace over entitlement, and ease over force, and in doing so our conscious choice-making as well as our subconscious choices will be aligned with the timeless energy of the universe."
With that in mind I suggest that you exercise a little good Karma today. Do something unexpected and nice for somebody for no reason whatsoever except to be nice. Remember if it is good... "Pass it Forward".
Thank you for your patronage.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Your Future Is A Big Adventure
Prepare for your future, don't live in the past.
Savor your good memories,
and use any bad ones as lessons in life.
You need to focus on your future not on your past.
Carve out a niche for yourself in your imagined future.
Think, feel and see yourself as successful.
To achieve any goal in life,
you need to project your end result.
Think of the elation, the satisfaction,
the joy you'll feel when you reach your goal.
Carry these ecstatic feelings with you every day
and they'll bring your desired goals into view.
Sooner or later, you can win, if you think you can.
The cards you are dealt in life
are less important than the way you play them.
Every day you're offered a new deal and new cards.
Success is out there for you.
Don't wait for it to come to you, go out and find it.
Summer Fitness Basics
“Research shows that being exposed to natural light can make you feel more energetic.”
Summer's upon us and that means bathing suit season is here as well. But even if you've been a little neglectful about your workouts, there's no need to panic about having to face the world nearly naked - you can still get in shape before you hit the beach.
Most fitness experts agree that it takes four to six weeks to see results from any new exercise plan, so if you start today you'll have five weeks before the those lazy, hazy days officially start. Here are 10 things that can help you reach your beachy best.
- Lift weights and do aerobics. Building muscle will raise your metabolism and tone and strengthen your body; cardiovascular exercise strengthens your heart and burns calories. Just do it.
- Visualize. Every time you think of skipping a workout, picture yourself in a bathing suit - the way you look now and the way you know you can look. Now go workout.
- Cut down on fats. Summer brings a bounty of sun-ripened tomatoes plus a wide variety of crunchy, colorful vegetables that are low-calorie, nutrient-rich and loaded with fiber. Enjoy.
- Drink lots of water. If you exercise for an hour a day you lose 20 percent more fluid than you would if you just sat still and it's even higher on hot, summer days. Dehydration can cause headaches, diarrhea, muscle cramps, and exhaustion, and water is the best (no-fat, no-calorie) way to hydrate. What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
- Exercise outdoors. Research shows that being exposed to natural light can make you feel more energetic. Now that the weather is cooperating and the days are longer, go to a park or beach and run, walk, cycle, rollerblade or swim. The varied terrain will challenge your body in ways that indoor exercise machines can't.
- Steer clear of salty snacks. They're usually packed with fat and often leave you feeling bloated, dehydrated and generally sluggish.
- Divide and conquer. If you're very busy during the day and can't work out for a full hour at a time, break it up into two half-hour sessions. For example do a half hour of aerobic exercise at lunch and a half-hour of weight training after work or vice versa.
- Wear sunscreen. Try to avoid exercising outdoors between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when the sun is at its peak, but no matter when you choose to do an outdoor workout make sure you slather on the sunscreen. Choose one with an SPF (sun protection factor) of 15 to 30 and put it on at least 20 minutes before going out so it has time to penetrate your skin.
- Workout in water. Take advantage of your visits to a pool, lake or the ocean by incorporating exercise into your leisure time. Tread water while chatting with friends, jump over ocean waves or walk laps in the pool. The added resistance of the pool water will give your legs a great workout and burn lots of calories.
- Make lemonade with Steviva Brand Stevia Powder. Drinking iced tea or coffee may seem like a great way to quench your summertime thirst but these beverages may end up doing just the opposite. Both act as diuretics and can cause dehydration, especially if you've been perspiring. A better choice is a tall, frosty glass of lemonade or any fresh fruit juice poured over ice - you'll get extra vitamins too.
“If we want to be compassionate we must be conscious of the words we use. We must both speak and listen from the heart.”
-- Marshall B. Rosenberg
Conscious communication requires us to be truly present to what is occurring. When we are unconscious, we both speak to and react to others out of habit. And in the face of what we perceive as someone’s judgment and criticism, we automatically (and unconsciously) defend, withdraw or attack.
To communicate consciously requires attention to two areas:
- I need to speak from awareness of what I am perceiving, feeling and needing,
- Through watching and listening, I need to be aware of those same needs in others.
“When we focus on clarifying what is being observed, felt, and needed rather than on diagnosing and judging, we discover the depth of our own compassion.”
-- Marshall B. Rosenberg
Low Glycemic Sugar Free Almond Pudding
Carbs Per Serving: 0.85 g
Prep Time:<10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nonstick cooking spray
6 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2/3 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend
3/4 cup almonds, finely ground
6 egg whites
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
Lightly coat a 9-1/2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Add almond extract; beat on low speed until combined. Gradually add Steviva Brand Stevia Blend beating on low speed until combined. Fold in almonds. Set aside.
Thoroughly wash the beaters. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold about one-fourth of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until combined. Fold remaining egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Spoon into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Serve warm with strawberries and whipped cream made with Steviva Brand Stevia Blend.
Total Calories: 1348
Calories Per Serving: 166.8 serving size 1cup
Total Fat Per Serving: 13.75g
Saturated Fat: 2.20 g
Cholesterol Per Serving: 123.0mg
Sodium Per Serving: 40.2 mg
Total Carbohydrates Per Serving: 3.85g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!