Happiness Found In The Present
happiness is not a target, it is a state attainable by being in the present
Happiness...we all crave it, seek it, work for it, demand it, command it, embrace it, and bathe in it. When it doesn’t materialize on cue, we are saddened and disappointed. And when it is swirling around us, we are often oblivious to its magic.
The late Indian philosopher and guru Osho tells a tale of going to a lake and laying in the cool, soothing water watching birds fly by and clouds drifting past a blue serene sky. Just by being present and drinking in the beauty and splendor of life, all his emotional turbulence drifted away replaced by peaceful thoughts and nurturing feelings. So happy was Osho that he shared this experience with a friend who was in emotional pain. The next day the friend raced down to the lake to experience happiness. Hours passed as he stared into the sky – he saw the soaring birds, he saw the puffy clouds, he felt the cool water…but where was this happiness that was supposed to be so attainable? He was still miserable and dissatisfied with his current state. Upon hearing his friend’s disappointing experience, Osho counseled him saying, “Happiness is not a target…it is a state only attainable by being in the present moment. Surrender to the moment and to the universe and happiness will unfold within you. Point yourself at the target of happiness…and you will miss.”
By experiencing the present moment–and being present in it-we are able to innocently and effortlessly understand feelings of happiness and celebrate them.
Thank all of you for your patronage.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc.
The Key To Success Is Desire
Reality forms around your commitment to succeed.
Your desires will in time externalize themselves into concrete fact.
If you're willing to pay the price, any of your circumstances will change.
If you want something badly enough, you're sure to get it.
Obstacles don't matter very much.
Pain or other circumstances can be there.
But, if you want something badly enough,
you'll find a way to get it done.
You only have to love a thing greatly to get it.
Desire is the fire of life.
Make Exercise Addictive
One of the hardest things about exercising is sticking with it. And, let's face it, a walk here, a bike ride there and an aerobics class every now and again isn't the stuff good, strong bodies are made of. But, if you can keep up your motivation for a couple of weeks, it will become a habit -- and you'll really see and feel results.
Here are six simple steps to make fitness as natural as waking in the morning and falling asleep at night:
1. Timing is everything. Work out at a time that fits your schedule. If you plan to hit the gym after work, but often stay late at the office or have social engagements, it's going to be hard to make your workout a regular part of your week. For most people, mornings are the most realistic time. If you can get up an hour earlier for one week, you might find that exercise wakes you up and energizes you for the rest of the day.
2. Seek convenience. Pick a gym that's close to the office, so swinging by in the morning or on the way home is super easy. Before you know it, your car will practically be steering itself there.
3. Make it a "given." If you do work out in the evenings, make sure your friends and family know that other engagements will have to wait until after your exercise time. The more you and everyone else in your life becomes accustomed to scheduling around your workout, the less likely you'll be to blow it off for other activities.
4. Think ahead. Half the battle is being organized. It doesn't take much. While you're packing your lunch or laying out your clothes for work the next day, be sure to pick out clean exercise clothes, pack your gym bag and fill up your water bottle so you can get up and go in a jiffy.
5. Talk it up. Decide that you're going to be that person in the office or around the neighborhood who is awe-inspiring for motivation. When co-workers start noticing your weight loss, tell them that you now exercise four to five times a week. Make it a character trait, a fact of life -- not just something you've been dabbling in lately. Hearing yourself describe your life in this way makes it real -- and will inspire you to keep it up.
6. Become an addict. The truth is, the "feel-good chemicals" released during high-intensity workouts can leave you craving exercise. If you can reach the point where you yearn for that fitness "high" the way someone might desire coffee, motivation will no longer be an issue.
When you are exercising don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
Raise Your Awareness
“You can live a lifetime and, at the end of it, know more about other people than you know about yourself.”
-- Beryl Markham
Who am I? To answer this, we must first learn to become more aware of ourselves. To be aware, we must STOP and PAY ATTENTION! We need to STOP and objectively watch ourselves in action.
We live most of our lives by habit. These habits keep us stuck in patterns that limit our experience of life. Once we detect a pattern we were previously unconscious of, we can choose differently, if we want. With awareness comes choice and with choice, we gain freedom.
“To be authentic is literally to be your own author …, to discover your own native energies and desires, and then to find your own way of acting on them.”
-- Warren G. Bennis
“Self-knowledge is the great power by which we comprehend and control our lives.”
-- Vernon Howard
Sugar Free Low Glycemic Blueberry Peach Crumble
Carbs Per Serving: 6.8 g
Prep Time:<35 minutes
This awesome recipe takes only minutes to make and it comes at a perfect time since peaches are just coming in and blueberries are at the peak of their season right now. Enjoy!
1 box of blueberries
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 to ½ cup of butter
1 tsp of molasses
1 cup apple sauce
1/8 tsp of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
½ cup whole grain flour
½ cup rolled oats
Mix 1/8 tsp Steviva Brand Stevia Powder with 1 cup of apple sauce.
Peal and cut your peaches into morsels. Add them to a bowl with the blueberries. Add approximately the juice of half a lemon, the cinnamon and ¼ cup of the apple sauce Steviva Brand Stevia Powder mixture. Mix well.
In another bowl combine flour and oats and the remainder of the Steviva Brand Stevia Powder and apple sauce mixture, add the butter. With your hands combine it all so that it makes a crumble topping.
Add your fruit to your pie plate (glass) and cover the fruit with the flour/oat topping. Make sure that all the fruit is well covered. Pop it in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes. Let it cool for a good half hour and then dig in. It is so simple but you will be going back to finish the dish.
Note: you can substitute the blueberries and peach for any other combination. In the fall apples are amazing in a crumble. Plums and nectarines are good. Mixed berries. Strawberry Rhubarb.
163 calories (11% calories from fat)
4 g protein
12 g total fat (4.9 g saturated fat),
6.8 g carbohydrate
8.2 g dietary fiber
3.8 mg cholesterol
166 mg sodium
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
Steviva brand organic tea cut stevia leaves are approximately 40 times sweeter than sugar. Stevia leaves can be added to your favorite tea or they can be your favorite tea. We are offering 1 kilo/2.2 lbs for $29.99 our regular price is $39.95. Click here to order as many as you want.
5 lb of Steviva Brand Organic Yerba Mate Green Tea - This stimulating herbal beverage has the unique ability to wake up the mind without the nervousness and jitters associated with coffee. It is amazing and delicious and on sale for $36.90. The regular price is $45.00 Click here to order as many as you want.