The Tao of Tea
the healing properties of tea
Over the past year we at Steviva Brands have started offer organic Fair Trade premium loose teas. Fair trade is an organized social movement which promotes standards for international labor, environmentalism, and social policy in areas related to production of Fairtrade labeled and unlabeled goods. The movement focuses in particular on exports from developing countries to developed countries.
We offer the following teas:
Organic Fair Trade Yerba Mate
Yerba mate actions and uses:
* Free radical fighter (antioxidant)
* May potentially help with maintaining healthy cholesterol levels
* Appetite suppressant
* Mind stimulator
* Stimulates the production of cortisone
* Tones the nervous system
* Fighter of aging
* Enhances the healing powers of other herbs
Yerba mate may be useful for:
* Inflammatory bowel disorders
* PMS fluid retention
* Mental and physical fatigue
* Shows promise as weight loss agent
We have a special on Organic Fair Trade Yerba Mate: 1 Kilo Fair Trade Organic Yerba Mate Regularly: $35.00, On Sale: $26.90. Enough for 1000 servings! Go to: http://www.steviva.com/item--1-Kilo-Fair-Trade-Organic-Yerba-Mate--1kgmate.html
Organic Fair Trade Green Tea
Is any other food or drink reported to have as many health benefits as green tea? The Chinese have known about the medicinal benefits of green tea since ancient times.
Here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:
* rheumatoid arthritis
* high cholesterol levels
* cardiovascular disease
* impaired immune function
What makes green tea so special?
The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke.
We have a special on Organic Fair Trade Green Tea: 1 Kilo Fair Trade Organic Green Tea Regularly: $35.99, On Sale: $26.99. Enough for 1000 servings! http://www.steviva.com/item--1-Kilo-Fair-Trade-Organic-Green-Tea--1kggreen.html
Organic Fair Trade Rooibos (African Read Leaf)
Rooibos has increased in popularity not only because of its wonderful color and taste, but because of all the great things it can do for your health.
Rooibos has no caffeine and is low in tannin, so it can be enjoyed all day long without any unpleasant side effects. This also makes it a great tea for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Various studies have shown the many health problems that can be helped by drinking Rooibos tea:
* Eases irritability, headaches, nervous tension and insomnia.
* Acts as an anti-spasmodic agent, to relieve stomach cramps and colic
* Can be used to treat hay fever, asthma and eczema
* Placed directly on the skin, it can slow the aging process
* Boosts the immune system
Rooibos tea contains no oxalic acid, so it can safely be consumed by people who are prone to kidney stones.
There are so many minerals in the tea, that it can almost be considered a nutritional supplement:
* Alpha-hydroxy (great for the skin)
We have a special on Organic Fair Trade Rooibos Tea: 1 Kilo Fair Trade Rooibos Tea Regularly: $55.99, On Sale: $39.99. Enough for 1000 servings! http://www.steviva.com/item--1-Kilo-Fair-Trade-Organic-Rooibos-Tea--1kgrooibos.html
Have a sensational week!
Steviva Brands, Inc.
Wealth Is Who You Are Not What You Have
Wealth without enjoyment is little consolation.
Your real prosperity lies in being thankful.
Your real riches are riches of the head and heart.
Satisfaction comes from appreciating what you have.
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.
It's not how much you have,
it's how much you enjoy.
Fall Into a Good Fitness Program
ten killer strategies to keep that body slim as we fall into autumn
“Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There is no greater investment.”
-- Steven Covey
You’re sick of it aren’t you? You know what I’m talking about -- the long winter and the resulting weight gain and lack of motivation that comes from it. Fall is officially here and you’re deathly afraid of coming out of the other side 10 or 20 pounds heavier.
I’m here to tell you that it’s OK. There’s time to make changes and reap the rewards that come from a balanced fitness and nutrition program. However, it won’t happen overnight.
The human body can comfortably lose up to two pounds per week without losing muscle. In six weeks, you can lose approximately ten to twelve pounds of pure body fat.
This alone will get you propelling through the winter and set you up for a marvelous spring.
The problem is some of you have been sitting around and not really doing much of anything all. So, how can I expect most of you to implement my prescription?
I’ve always said that motivation needs to be coaxed, not forced. When you gently coax motivation it eventually grows stronger and becomes habit.
For those who need to get a jumpstart, I decided to think about ways you can add some elements of fitness and smart nutrition into your daily activity. Just some simple elements to get you on the right track.
The goal is to get you moving and having some fun without placing excessive pressure on you. The result will be YOU wanting more -- that’s when the motivational forest fire begins.
The following 10 tips are simple and effective methods to jumpstart your fitness program:
1. Three 10-minute workouts spread through the day can be just as effective as one 30-minute session. Try to do three 10-minute bursts of activity such as 10 minutes of housework, a 10-minute walk at lunch and another 10-minute walk with your spouse or a friend in the evening.
2. Eliminate one portion of food from one daily meal. If you usually have a sandwich with cheese for lunch, just eliminate the cheese. If you have a salad for lunch, but it’s smothered with croutons, just eliminate the croutons. I once trained a client who asked me to help him change his daily lunch of a cheeseburger and French fries. I told him to simply eliminate the cheese from the burger for two weeks and then we would review again. He thought I was going to suggest broiled chicken and vegetables. However, remember what I said about habits and motivation being coaxed -- not forced.
3. At work, don't e-mail or use the phone if you’re in the same building as the person you wish to speak with, get off your butt and walk over to the person.
4. Make all family events involve physical activity, including birthdays and holidays. Go for a big group walk after dinner. Make family outings include physical activities such as volleyball on the beach, hiking through the forest or playing Frisbee at a family picnic.
5. Turn on the music and do aerobic housecleaning. C’mon, make it fun!
6. Perform calf lifts (toe raises) while cooking dinner.
7. If you have kids, teach them how to perform jumping jacks and then help them "practice" each day (very entertaining as well as good exercise).
8. Pack your lunch three days per week. I know you love going out to lunch every day. However, if you make a healthy lunch just three days per week, you’ll be coaxing a realistic habit. This will make you look forward to your lunches out and appreciate your newfound discipline at the same time. I guarantee it will empower you.
9. Take your kids to the park and then walk or jog around the playground area.
10. Work on your posture. It’s amazing to see the number of people who slouch. If you stand up straight you’ll look leaner, younger and healthier. This is a real easy one, but you’ll be surprised how years of slouching will make this the most challenging of all the tips.
Hey, I know this won’t make you an Olympic athlete or give you six-pack abs, but that’s not the goal. I just want to see you making an effort to improve. If you take two to three of your favorite tips above -- that will be the beginning of something great.
When you are exercising don't forget to drink plenty of water! What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
This information and other information is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
Allow Others Their Birthright of Choice
“Freedom of choice is more to be treasured than any possession earth can give.”
-- David O. McKay
I want to choose the details of my life. Fortunately, I’ve come to appreciate how important it is to give others the freedom to choose their own paths.
None of us wants our choice robbed from us. I can’t know what’s best for anyone but me. So why give unsolicited advice to others and expect them to follow it?
“The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance.”
-- Samuel Butler
“What man wants is simply independent choice, whatever that may cost and wherever it may lead.” -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Low Glycemic Sugar Free Buckwheat Applesauce Bread
Carbs Per Serving: 8.45 g
Prep Time:<50 minutes
Skill Level: Medium
2 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground or flax meal
1/3 cup water
1 1/3 cups (unroasted) buckwheat groats
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons tapioca
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon guar gum
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup walnut or other oil
2 cups applesauce
1 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/8 teaspoon Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1/2 teaspoon unbuffered, vitamin C crystals
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons boiling water
Preheat oven to 400, Combine flax seeds with water in a small saucepan.
Bring to a rolling boil and immediately remove from heat. Set aside to soak until needed.
In a blender; grind 1/3 cup of the groats into fine flour. Place strainer over a mixing bowl and pour in flour. Rub the flour through with a spoon, returning unground pieces to blender: Repeat three times or until all groats have been ground.
Oil and flour an 8x4 inch loaf pan. Tap the pan gently to coat the bottom and sides with flour: Tap any extra flour back into the mixing bowl.
Combine pumpkin seeds, tapioca starch, salt, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/8 teaspoon Steviva Brand Stevia Powder, guar gum and spices. Blend on high 1 minute, stopping twice to scrape the bottom. Add seed mixture and nuts directly into the flour; and whisk together well.
Combine in blender oil and add applesauce. Continue to add applesauce until the 2-1/4-cup level is reached. Add the vitamin C crystals and flax mixture. Blend/ Blend one minute.
Pour the liquid mixture over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add to the batter and stir with a few swift strokes until water disappears (don't beat it). Quickly scrape batter into pan and place in hot oven.
Immediately reduce temperature to 325. Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick thrust in the middle comes out dry. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn it out on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Total Calories: 1098
Calories Per Serving: 91.55 serving size 1 slice
Total Fat Per Serving: 2.95g
Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
Cholesterol Per Serving: 40.56mg
Sodium Per Serving: 40.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates Per Serving: 8.45g
Dietary Fiber: 3.74
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $10.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $34.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!