The Seven Deadly Habits That Will Make Your Fat
7 great habit changing tips in the battle of the bulge
Packing on extra weight is not an overnight process. It usually takes years of unhealthy habits which can be hard to overcome. Here are seven common bad habits that can contribute to weight gain and what you can do to avoid them:
Not Exercising On A Regular Basis
It is recommended that you partake in two to three cardio sessions per week of 20 to 45 minutes and two to three resistance training sessions per week of 30 to 45 minutes. Resistance training or weight lifting will build muscle that helps burn fat.
Eating Most of Your Meals Out
Restaurant portions are generally large and most of us were brought to clean our plates. Mexican and Chinese restaurants probably have the highest calorie meals, but if you must eat out: "Thai and Vietnamese foods are better. Pho soups and won-ton soups are great choices." [Pho, pronounced "fa," is a Vietnamese soup that's usually made with beef.]
Asking For Seconds
It takes 20 minutes for your brain to catch up with your stomach. But most people consume high amounts of food in 20 minutes. It is suggested that you put less food on your plate and skipping seconds. Portion control is key.
There are a ton of exercises you can integrate into you daily activities. Instead of looking for the closest parking place, park in the back and walk it off. There are even stability balls made to sit behind a desk instead of a chair. These cause you to sit up straight, hold your back up and burn more calories. In fact I am sitting on one now. It really works!
Never Saying No To Sweets
You don’t need to cut out sweets completely, just cut down on them and savor it with a small portion. Take sugar out of your diet and replace with all natural Steviva Brands Stevia Powder.
Eating When You Are Not Hungry
Eating is a physiologically and psychologically satisfying, mood-altering experience. Most people eat, not because they are hungry, but for other reasons. Learn what triggers you to eat and healthier ways to reward yourself or brighten your mood. Also, keep in mind that most people are unable to distinguish the difference between thirst and hunger. Most of us are severely dehydrated so, drink a glass of water 5 minutes prior to dining and you will eat less.
Skipping meals can play a role in obesity. Eating fewer, larger meals may cause insulin to spike, which triggers hunger and could cause more blood sugar to be stored as fat. The study found that people who eat several, smaller meals were less likely to be obese. Overweight people may find it difficult initially to overcome their bad habits, but the results of better eating and exercise habits are very rewarding. Eat less more often.
Thank all of you for your patronage.
Have an excellent day.
Steviva Brands, Inc
Honesty Opens The Door To Success
Successful people have cultivated the habit of never denying
to themselves their true feelings and attitudes.
They have no need for pretenses.
Once you accept yourself completely you don't have to
maintain a phony front, or feel insecure if people don't
tune in to you and what you're doing.
Visualize what you really want,
not what someone else wants for you.
Don't forfeit three-forth's of yourself to be like other people.
First say to yourself what you would be
and then do what you have to do.
Make Time For Exercise
“Remember, when you exercise consistently, you’ll have something that’s truly beneficial for your heart and your soul.”
Life seems increasingly complex these days. There are children and pets to care for, partners who need attention and errands to run. On top of that, the cell phone is ringing, the email is chiming, faxes are flying and taxes are coming due. How is a person supposed to find time to exercise?
The key is to make exercise a priority. In a survey of both active and sedentary adults, both groups had 24 hours a week available for their leisure pursuits. So - there is time to exercise! Workouts of 30 minutes, three times a week, add up to a mere hour and a half out of the possible 168 hours in the week. Remember, when you exercise consistently, you'll have something that's truly beneficial for your heart and your soul. Some tips to help you fit in fitness:
1. Pencil in the time. Plan ahead. Make an appointment with yourself and pencil your workout in your schedule. When exercise time becomes a priority, just like a meeting with your boss, you'll give it the importance that it deserves.
2. Remember the benefits. Most regular exercisers will tell someone who doesn't exercise: "You're just not making it a priority." Actually, the non-regular exerciser may feel that the costs of doing the activity outweigh the benefits. Remind yourself that taking a 30-minute walk before work can increase your energy level throughout the day, increase productivity and boost your mood. Isn't that worth a half-hour less sleep?
3. Be prepared. Lay out your exercise clothes the night before and exercise first thing in the morning.
4. Blend it in. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily activities - do you normally walk the dog? Put on your exercise shoes and pick up the pace a notch. Extend the walk to 20-30 minutes - that's your workout (and your dog will love it.) Other ideas: Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park the car in the far end of the parking lot and walk. Use any way you can to increase your daily activity level. It all adds up!
5. Make family and friends time active time. Enroll in a parent-child swim or gymnastics class; take the kids to the park and make an obstacle course for yourself out of the playground; make a date with your spouse to take short after-dinner strolls; get together with a co-worker for a quick lunch plus some brisk window shopping.
6. Set limits. Don't eat lunch (or play your favorite after-work video game) until you've completed your workout for the day. Linking your workout to a well-established routine will help ensure that your exercise quickly becomes a healthy habit.
7. Hire a coach. A good way to ensure your success as a regular exerciser is to assign someone to be your personal fitness "coach." This person could be your spouse, co-worker, a close friend or a sibling—someone who will understand your weekly fitness goals and who can nix any excuse you come up with for not achieving them. Your coach's duties include checking in with you several times a week to see how you're doing. If you miss a workout, the coach can be understanding, but should insist on a scheduled make-up session.
8. Be ready with Plan B. Expect obstacles and overcome them. When your favorite exercise bike is occupied at the gym, jump onto a treadmill or a rower, or start your weight training and return to the bike later. Think about trying a new piece of equipment to spice up your normal routine. This new skill will make your workout more exciting.
9. Create your own bonuses and incentives. A month of workouts can equal a new outfit, an upgrade in equipment, a massage, a half-hour with a personal trainer, a yoga class, or a fancy pair of cross-trainers.
10. Be forgiving. There is a delicate balance between a firm commitment to exercise and a rigid compulsion about keeping to a pre-determined workout schedule. By developing a flexible, healthy attitude about your exercise program - making it part of your life, not your entire life - your enthusiasm for exercising will always remain high.
11. Drink a lot of water. What I suggest is adding the juice of half a lemon or 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cranberry juice to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Steviva Brand Stevia Powder . Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored. Click here to order stevia powder.
This information and other information is intended for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Prior to participating in any exercise program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition.
Know Thyself and Know Others
"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
-- Abraham H. Maslow
STOP AND PAY ATTENTION! Set an intention to be more aware. Become a watcher, of yourself and what’s around you. Develop the witness, the part of you that can step back from life and impartially observe how you react and think and feel. We learn so much about who we are!
"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing the self is enlightenment."
-- Tao Te Ching
"The true profession of man is to find his way to himself."
-- Hermann Hesse
Low Glycemic Sugar Free Breast of Chicken in Mole Sauce
Carbs Per Serving: 41.5 g
Prep Time:<35 minutes
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, skinless and boneless
1 ounce guajillo (Whole Dried Chile Pepper), seeded and de-veined
1 1/2 ounces ancho chiles, seeded and de-veined
1/4 cup fried plantains
1 tablespoon raisins
1 pound plum tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, roasted
1 stick cinnamon
1 slice bread or challah
2 cloves, whole
2 black peppercorns
1 allspice, whole
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 large apple, cored and coarsely chopped
7 cups chicken stock
1 cup Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/8 teaspoon Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
Boil water in a 3 quart sauce pan to soak the chilies.
Blister the chilies on a dry cast-iron frying pan over medium heat. Place the chilies in a medium mixing bowl, pour the boiling water over and soak for 20 minutes.
Remove chilies from water and use a blender with a little of the chili water, as needed, to puree.
Press the blended mixture through a food mill or sieve to remove skins and set mixture aside.
Heat the chicken stock in a heavy 4 quart pot.
Poach the chicken in the stock over low heat for 35 to 45 minutes. Reserve the stock and set chicken aside on a plate.
Roast tomatoes in a pan over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove tomatoes from pan to drain. Roast onions and garlic in same pan.
Blend tomatoes, fried plantains, raisins, garlic, bread, cinnamon, peppercorns, allspice, salt and 2 cups of the reserved stock until pureed and smooth, place in bowl and set aside.
Puree pineapple and apple together and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy 6 quart stockpot and pan fry the chili mixture. Stirring constantly for 10-15 minutes add the blended tomato mixture and continue to cook and stir for about 10 minutes, add Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or Steviva Brand Stevia Powder and keep frying 15 more minutes(thin with stock as needed). Stir in the pineapple and apple puree. Continue cooking until the mole is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Place chicken in a wide bowl and ladle the mole over it.
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Total Calories: 1685
Calories Per Serving: 421.25
Total Fat: 12.4g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Total Carbohydrates: 166g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 41.5g
Dietary Fiber: 5.2
Try All Natural Steviva Brand Stevia Blend and Steviva Brand Stevia Powder!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #1. To get you familiar with our products we offer 1 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder and 1 lb Bag of Steviva Brand Stevia Blend for cooking and baking. A $36.75 Value for only $27.90! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SAVE OVER $6.00 with the Super Duper Let’s Get Acquainted Special #2. To get you familiar with our products we offer 2 - 8 ounce by volume bottle of (1.3 ounces by weight) Steviva Brand 95% Stevia Powder. A $31.75 Value for only $25.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE! Click Here To Order!
SPECIAL ON 2 STEVIVA BLEND 5lb BULK BAGS - It's granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and has the same sweetness as sugar, so it is very easy to measure and great to cook or bake with! A $109.98 Value plus $18.20 shipping for only $99.00! PLUS WE WILL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE (Domestic only - no overseas orders) Click Here For Immediate Free Priority Mail Shipping!