Assistant Operations Manager Wanted
Full-time M-F 9-5 – with benefits
Our rapid growth has created a great opportunity for someone with a can-do attitude in what they do. We are a food manufacturer, specializing in natural sweeteners and savory sauces, located in NE Portland and expanding to larger facilities later this year in NW Portland.
Our Director of Operations needs an exceptionally motivated assistant, who is able to take on a variety of responsibilities immediately, while growing his/her expertise of our products and manufacturing process.
If you love to take ownership of your work and want to be part of a fantastic team of professionals who will appreciate and reward your high quality work, then we want to hear from you!
We are willing to train on industry-specific knowledge. Basic experiences/skills that are necessary in this role include:
– Detail orientation. This individual needs to be good with numbers and minutiae, which is important in documenting manufacturing procedures.
– Adaptability. The ability and willingness to move with shifting priorities, being flexible in your thinking and able to accommodate change.
– Quick thinking. The capability to learn independently, with an eagerness for information and growth as you learn about GMP’s (good manufacturing processes), third-party product certification programs (such as kosher, and non-GMO), safety and regulatory compliance and quality control. You will have, at minimum, a basic knowledge of all of these but you don’t have to be an expert. We’ll help get you to the level so that you will help create written documentation of policies and procedures for all of these realms and more. Rigorous attention to detail is a must.
– Analytical thinking. The ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options and make recommendations to solve problems, optimize production and control costs.
– Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Collaborative team player, with a willingness & ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Outstanding reliability and follow through.
– Willingness to cross train in other areas and pitch in wherever needed.
As a smaller company (rapidly moving toward mid-size), we value and prize our employees who want to be a “Jack-of-all-trades”. You will have variety in your work, giving you a unique opportunity to learn new skills, expand your knowledge base and grow professionally.
– A sense of humor that you can maintain in the face of challenges.
– Moderate to high functional knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word. We can bring you up to speed on QuickBooks Enterprise, as needed, but it would be great if you already knew the basics.
– College degree is preferred, but not required. The piece of paper is not important, but the ability to think and learn is.
To apply, please email your resume, including 3 professional references and a cover letter explaining what you are looking for in your next job, and what you are hoping to grow into for your future.