07 Jan Exchanging The Gift of Holiday Weight Gain
9 easy tips to get you skinny in the new year
OK….let’s face it, we all got gifts we really didn’t want or need. If you are like me then you are looking to exchange your holiday weight gain for a svelte ripped torso. Am I right or am I right? Here are a few tips to help you say good bye and good reddens to your gut and fat ass.
- Eat eggs for breakfast. A study in Nutrition Research found that people who egg it up consume fewer total calories the rest of the day.
- Stand up whenever you read or take a phone call at work. (You can also use a stand-up desk.) Standing burns 1 1/2 times more calories than sitting does.
- Eat it than ink it. People who kept a food log for at least 3 weeks lost 3 1/2 pounds more than those who didn’t, a University of Arkansas study found.
- Chew your drink and drink you food. If you chew food slowly and completely you’ll take in nearly 12 percent fewer calories than if you scarf it, notes an American Journal of Clinical Nutrition study.
- Don’t eat meals in front of the TV. In a University of Massachusetts study, people who did that took in nearly 300 more calories a day.
- Weigh yourself each week. Three out of four successful dieters do this, the American College of Sports Medicine Health & Fitness Journal reports.
- Don’t miss your work-out. Miss one now and you’re 61 percent more likely to skip one next week, says a study in Health Psychology.
- Cut out the sugar. Added sugars lead to added lard, so cut them out. This week, drop the sweetest offenders—soda, baked goods, cereals, candy, fruit drinks, and ice cream. Instead try adding the juice of half a lemon to 32 ounces of water with a sprinkle of Fructevia, Steviva Blend or Steviva Brands Pure Stevia Powder. Aside from being less than 2 carbs, you will get the health benefits that the stevia provides along with the vitamin C and electrolytes that lemon have. You can substitute limes for lemons if you get bored.
- Eat your meat or meat substitute: Consuming 55 grams of whey protein a day for 23 weeks can leave you 4 pounds lighter than if you’d eaten those calories in carbs, USDA scientists say.
Now that you are armed with these tips follow through and get skinny!