12 Feb Shedding Pounds and Getting Fit Takes Time
preventing disappointment when “slip” happens
Don’t expect perfection as you work towards your goal of a healthy and fit lifestyle. Truth is, anyone trying to lose weight and get healthy is going to experience some off days, like the plateau I am at now. Augh!!! So frustrating.
It takes about 3,500 calories to gain a pound of weight, so an occasional slip won’t completely wipe out your efforts. The bigger issue is an inability to cope with the slips.
Here are a few tips that may make those tough times a little easier:
- Let go of perfectionist thinking. Accept that you may have a bad day and slip with your fitness and diet plan once in a while.
When you feel that your goals are just taking too much time, stop and think clearly about your healthiest options at that moment. And remember “Slip Happens”.
- Write out a plan on how you are going to get yourself back on track.
- Do something positive. Go for a walk or get some other form of exercise, or eat something healthier than you had planned.
- Hydrate! Water has a Shedding Pounds and Getting Fit Takes Time effect meaning it can help you burn more calories and fire up your metabolism.
- Hit the weights. Muscle burns more fat. So, pick up the weight and pump some iron.
A bad day or two is fairly harmless. Just do whatever it takes to get back on track. And if it will make you feel better, plan the next day to include foods that are lower on the Glycemic Index to make up for the slip.